Windows 7?

beardyb...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2016, 2:41:00 PM4/26/16
to puppet-razor
Hi all,

I'm successfully deploying Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 using Razor-Server, however I'm seeing an issue when deploying Windows 7.

What happens is that the client successfully boots WinPE5.1 (I've also tried 5.0 and 10), mounts the network share, and initiates the Windows install. On the Install Windows screen, once the files have finished copying and installed, I get the following error

"Install Windows"
"Windows installation cannot continue because a required driver could not be installed."

Both WinPE and the Win7 install.wim have network/storage drivers DISMed in, so I don't think that is the issue. Has anyone else seen this and have a solution? Googling the error doesn't really come up with much.

I did look at WinPE 3/3.1 (the native win7 WinPE), but this version of WinPE does not support powershell/.net.

Regards

Matt

Matt Harvey

Apr 27, 2016, 7:14:40 AM4/27/16
to puppet-razor
Checked with WinPE3.1 and manually initiated Windows 7 unattended install using the Razor repo network shares, this works correctly without the above error, but sadly doesn't support Powershell, so it doesn't work with Razor-server.