Razor next generation provisioning via WAN

Riadh Ghith

May 12, 2015, 12:49:50 PM5/12/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, how can i user razor to provision remove server ?

Iain Geddes

May 12, 2015, 1:24:19 PM5/12/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Riadh,

It all depends on what you mean by "remote server" and what you have access to in terms of networking between. If you can get the DHCP request to propagate then you shouldn't have a problem. To do this you're going to need to convert from a broadcast UDP discover to a unicast and that would be handled by a DHCP proxy agent or "helper address" configuration in the local router. You'd also need to ensure that the request and subsequent response are allowed across intermediate firewalls but razor itself shouldn't care ... only the DHCP configuration would be impacted locally and an example of what would be required can be found in the URL:

Kind regards

Iain

On 12 May 2015 at 09:27, Riadh Ghith <m.g...@umbreo.com> wrote:
Hey guys, how can i user razor to provision remove server ?

Bret Stringham

May 12, 2015, 3:03:51 PM5/12/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
What I've done is created an ipxe iso image that has a custom script pointing to my provisioning server. This way I can mount the iso on any machine/VM on any network that can reach the provisioning server.