Remove MBR with microkernel

已查看 11 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Chung Chung

未读,
2016年3月29日 22:42:092016/3/29
收件人 puppet-razor

Is it possible to set up microkernel to remove the MBR on the local hard drive before a system reboot?

Basically, I have this situation:

. Machine A is running Debian and I need to switch its OS to Redhat.
. All the tags and policies are updated so Machine A knows it has to install Redhat.
. After I run razor reinstall-node, I force machine A to do a network boot.  ipxe get called
and microkernel gets installed.  All the necessary setting in razor are now updated for that node.
. At the end of microkernel run, machine A reboots itself.  At this time, machine A will still
boot back to Debian, unless we force another network boot.

Is there a way to remove the MBR on machine A so it will boot from the network in the next boot
instead of the local hard drive?   Or is there some other way to setup a new OS for the same node?

Thanks!

Chung
回复全部
回复作者