Generic scraper for data collection from multiple websites.

Karan Ahuja

Oct 14, 2014, 7:05:17 AM10/14/14
to mu...@googlegroups.com, Bangalore Python Users Group - India, PuneStartups, mr...@googlegroups.com, pune...@googlegroups.com, lean-star...@googlegroups.com, bangaloreocc, barcampmumbai2, PythonPune, python...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

For a data analysis project - we had to scrape multiple websites (of the order of 100)
and we had to do this fast with very less turn around time.

So we developed a REST service over scrapy to create declarative configs and scrape large number of websites very fast by minimizing development time.

It is here - http://genscrape.in/

It is free for now and we are looking for feedback to decide on the roadmap (if car starts :).

Please let us know what you think and do share with friends.

TC
Karan
http://kodeplay.com/
http://genscrape.in/