[XPOST][CONF] Deccan Ruby Conf 2016 Update

Prathamesh Sonpatki

Apr 15, 2016, 8:18:58 AM4/15/16
to pune...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, chen...@googlegroups.com, delh...@googlegroups.com, kerala-ruby...@googlegroups.com, koch...@googlegroups.com, mr...@googlegroups.com, goa-...@googlegroups.com, hyd-...@googlegroups.com, hydera...@googlegroups.com, jaipu...@googlegroups.com, myso...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am happy to update about progress related to Deccan Ruby Conf 2016.

The conference will be held on 6th August at Haytt Regency in Pune and two workshops will be held on 7th August.

The workshops details as follows -

1) Architecture Matters! A Trailblazer workshop by Nick Sutterer

Trailblazer adds new abstraction layers to Rails. It introduces operations, form objects, policies and, of course, more.
Why this is a good thing, and how additional abstractions help to master complex web applications you will
 learn in this full-day workshop.

2) Automate your Infrastructure with Chef by Mohit Thatte, Sahil Muthoo

This workshop will be a gentle introduction to the concepts of infrastructure automation with Chef.
We will work on writing as much code as we can, so that attendees can get comfortable with the
practical aspects of using Chef. The goal at the end of the workshop would be to be able to deploy
a Rails app to AWS using your own Chef recipes and community cookbooks.

We have opened the tickets also for conference only as well as conference + workshop.

Tickets can be purchased from here - https://www.townscript.com/e/drc16

We are also looking for sponsors. Please find the sponsorship prospectus attached with this email.

Please contact us on man...@deccanrubyconf.org if you are interested in sponsoring.

Our CFP is already open and we are looking for all kinds of talks related to programming,
Ruby, Rails and anything interesting.
Please submit your proposals here - https://www.papercall.io/deccanrubyconf-2016.

That's it for now. I will post more details as we go ahead.

Thanks and looking forward to see you in Pune in August.

--
./prathamesh
DRC2016_Sponsorship_Prospectus.pdf