PulpCore App Stuck When Refreshing Browser

Ido Yehieli

Sep 16, 2009, 5:46:01 AM9/16/09
to PulpCore
Hi,
the pulpcore game I am developing (can be seen http://tametick.com/test/)
seems to work fine when first loaded, but when you refresh the browser
it seems to get 'stuck' (load the url, refresh the page & click
anywhere on the applet window).

Any idea what is causing it? Doesn't seem like any exception
stacktrace is printed in the java console.

Source can be seen at:
http://code.google.com/p/cardinal-quest/source/browse/trunk

Thanks,
Ido.

Dori

Sep 16, 2009, 6:05:55 AM9/16/09
to PulpCore
Hi, im getting the following trace from the console

Reading certificates from 11 http://tametick.com/test/CardinalQuest.jar
| C:\Documents and Settings\Dori\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment
\cache\6.0\53\6e4c55f5-5b377fc6.idx
PulpCore 0.11.5 (2009/04/15 07:04:17)
APPLET tag missing CODE parameter.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive
at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
at ad.b(Unknown Source)
at ad.a(Unknown Source)
at client.CardinalQuest.a(Unknown Source)
at as.l(Unknown Source)
at as.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

hope that helps! im imagine your a better java programmer than me, i
remember running into a problem when i was setting a static flag when
persisting through page/applet reloads (until clearing the cache)
which caused me problems. Looks like you maybe passing a negative int
into the nextInt method?

Dor

On Sep 16, 10:46 am, Ido Yehieli <ido.yehi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> the pulpcore game I am developing (can be seenhttp://tametick.com/test/)

Dori

Sep 16, 2009, 6:06:05 AM9/16/09
to PulpCore
looks good though!

On Sep 16, 10:46 am, Ido Yehieli <ido.yehi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> the pulpcore game I am developing (can be seenhttp://tametick.com/test/)

Ido Yehieli

Sep 16, 2009, 6:10:14 AM9/16/09
to PulpCore
The nextInt(...) thing is ok, I am catching that exception and
handling it (just printing to the console).

I think the problem might be with the static fields, I didn't know
they were persisting through page/applet reloads.

Thanks,
Ido.

Dorian Cussen

Sep 16, 2009, 6:11:27 AM9/16/09
to pulp...@googlegroups.com
i cant remember the exact details of my problem, but it's worth checking...

David Brackeen

Sep 16, 2009, 11:26:35 AM9/16/09
to pulp...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the applet was built in 'release' mode. It would be easier to tell what was happening in 'debug' mode.

Ido Yehieli

Sep 16, 2009, 12:43:34 PM9/16/09
to PulpCore
You are right, sorry about that.

I rebuilt in debug mode and put it on tametick.com/test/ again, seems
like i am getting a NullPointerException when I refresh the browser...

Thanks for your help,
Ido.