"From" email has the name of the blog twice

Amy Grotta

Dec 4, 2013, 6:34:54 PM12/4/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
This is the first time this has happened. The name of my feed is TreeTopics. Today's post was sent out, but it was from TreeTopicsTreeTopics. Any idea why? see screenshot below.

my blog is wordpress, hosted by my university. http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/treetopics.

Amy Grotta

Dec 4, 2013, 6:42:23 PM12/4/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what happened with that screen shot. I've attached it instead.
Capture.JPG

Matti Nescio

Dec 5, 2013, 10:51:11 PM12/5/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
As you can see for yourself by viewing http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/treetopics/feed/
the title is already duplicated on Wordpress.
If you google for 'feed title duplicated wordpress' , you'll see that it's not an uncommon problem.
Not the first time the issue has been posted here either:

Of course for email subscribers of the feedburner feed, you can customize the title in
feedburner settings in Publicize / Email Subscriptions : Email Branding

For the feedburner atom feed subscribers, edit the feed title in feed details
or enable Optimize / Title/Description Burner.