e-mail subscription to a google group

cdresel

Sep 17, 2017, 3:17:16 PM9/17/17
to Publicity Tools
Can I set up an e-mail subscription to a feedburner feed with a google groups address? I can subscribe to the feed using my e-mail address but when I try it with the group's e-mail address I don't get the e-mail verification to complete the subscription sent to the group address.

Thanks for any help.

Matti nescio

Sep 18, 2017, 9:00:57 PM9/18/17
to Publicity Tools
You could try temporarily setting the Group to allow the Public to post by email moderated -
and then set the incoming Feedburner email to always post in the group.
But doing that would allow anyone else to post to the group using a different Feedburner feed.

A much better option is to subscribe to the Feedburner feed by email
with an address that is a member of the group and setup a filter
in that email to forward those emails to the group.

If using gmail , use periods in the address you use for subscribing to the feed
to make the filtering easier.

There are other options, outside of Feedburner , for sending immediate emails
to the group when a new post is published on the blog - not once a day at your
chosen schedule like in Feedburner.

cdresel

Sep 19, 2017, 1:16:07 PM9/19/17
to Publicity Tools
Thanks for your reply. What are the other options you mention in the last paragraph?

Matti nescio

Sep 19, 2017, 1:31:41 PM9/19/17
to Publicity Tools
On Tuesday, 19 September 2017 20:16:07 UTC+3, cdresel wrote:
Thanks for your reply. What are the other options you mention in the last paragraph?

The simplest option - put an email address in the 'Email Posts to' section
in Blogger Settings / Email.  Forward the posts from that email address to the group.