email notifications haven't gone out

Darragh Connolly

Oct 27, 2014, 3:11:22 PM10/27/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I have pinged feedburner, checked original feed validity and feedburner feed validity and resynced my feed and no emails have gone out. The URL is http://www.reedorgansireland.com/organ-restoration/.
Can anyone help at all? Much appreciated.

Megan

Oct 31, 2014, 1:02:39 PM10/31/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I am having this same issue for over a week. I have pinged and resynced.

Darragh Connolly

Oct 31, 2014, 9:35:25 PM10/31/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Seems a lot of people are having problems with this service. I am thinking of finding a new service and quitting feed burner.

Giles Cumner

Nov 3, 2014, 5:20:58 AM11/3/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Same problem here from yesterday with my blog email not going out.

Darragh Connolly

Nov 3, 2014, 8:45:48 AM11/3/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Giles, I just deleted the first blog post which didn't go out and recreated it and then republished it and it still hasn't gone out. Fed up with feedburner. There seems to be no help available. I'm investigating other options for email subscriptions to my blog. Have you any ideas?

Maks Verver

Nov 3, 2014, 9:56:57 AM11/3/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darragh,

It looks like you burned this feed URL:
Note that this has "tag=antiques" in the URL, so this feed will only show updates on items with the "antiques" tag. Try changing the original feed URL (by clicking on Edit Feed Details) to:
I don't know if Megan and Giles have the same problem or not. In general a good way to solve problems like this is start by checking whether FeedBurner has seen your latest updates at all. You can view the feed content that FeedBurner knows about on the Optimize tab in the control panel. If the updates are there, but no e-mail has been sent, then there may be something wrong with the e-mail service. If the updates are not there (like in this case) then the next thing to check is whether the original feed URL contains the updated items. If it does not, then the problem is not on FeedBurner's end.

Darragh Connolly

Nov 4, 2014, 7:22:47 PM11/4/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Maks. Your advice worked. I changed the feed to the one you suggested and emails are now going out. It was the tag issue. I had not included the tag on the newer posts.Great to be up and running again.

Nate Grasz

Nov 12, 2014, 12:08:15 PM11/12/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am also having trouble getting emails to be sent when my blog is updated. The web address for my blog is http://1776scholars.blog.com/ and it says my feed address is http://feeds.feedburner.com/renewingthespiritof1776, which is my feed title. Any suggestions on something that should be changed in order to fix the problem? Thanks!

Maks Verver

Nov 12, 2014, 12:56:31 PM11/12/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nate,

In your case it looks like your feed is up-to-date with your blog, so there is no reason FeedBurner wouldn't send out any emails. Note that FeedBurner only sends updates once a day, though, so it may take a few hours for updates to arrive based on the delivery hours you configured.