Feedburner Mail Subscriptions not sending updates

Donna Fasano

Oct 25, 2012, 4:32:33 PM10/25/12
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I have two blogs and my Feedburner Mail Subscriptions is not working on either blog.

Awesome Romance Novels (108 subscribers)
and
Author Donna Fasano (102 subscribers)

I checked everything that I can think of. I don't believe my posts are over the 512K limit. I've contacted a couple of the subscribers who subscribed from the beginning (months ago), and they say they haven't received a single update.

harvard_jchs

Nov 2, 2012, 2:05:12 PM11/2/12
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem.  I put a new post on my organization's blog on Wednesday and it never emailed out to my subscribers (it always has in the past).  I also can't figure out how to FORCE it to email out.  Very frustrating.

Angela Bassett

Dec 3, 2012, 3:26:07 AM12/3/12
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same issue. I tried to check my size limit and it looks like it is under the 512K limitation. But maybe I need better directions on how to check that and what that means. my blog is elderwtbassett.blogspot.com (And I only have a handful of subscribers)

Ellora Drinnen

Jan 28, 2013, 9:38:17 PM1/28/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Did anyone ever get a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem on my blog. Only a handful of subscribers, email subscriptions are active, and feed is valid. ???

Jon Darch

Feb 18, 2013, 10:59:52 AM2/18/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Same issue here, we have a blog which has over 8,000 subscribers, which used to send out email versions of our Blog posts but this hasn't been working for months.

We've recently moved this onto Wordpress but it had stopped sending with Blogspot even before the move.

Google - there are 5 or 6 posts that are unanswered for over 5 months on this thread - is there any chance of a reply for those of us that are struggling?

Thanks

Jon

Matti Nescio

Feb 18, 2013, 4:46:32 PM2/18/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Bit of a bump...

On Thursday, 25 October 2012 23:32:33 UTC+3, Donna Fasano wrote:

I checked everything that I can think of. I don't believe my posts are over the 512K limit.

They're not (at least currently). For most of the other people in this thread, way over - close to 1.5 MB

The feed for AwesomeRomanceNovels (  http://awesomeromancenovels.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
is broken in other ways: why have you set it to redirect to https://www.facebook.com/pages/AwesomeRomanceNovels/ ,
a page that does not even exist. Fix the Post Feed Redirect setting in your Blogger settings

Matti Nescio

Feb 18, 2013, 4:52:48 PM2/18/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, 2 November 2012 20:05:12 UTC+2, harvard_jchs wrote:

Looking about as ok as would be expected, considering some of the posts from this year seem
to be posts originally published in 2012 and updated later this year.

Matti Nescio

Feb 18, 2013, 5:01:05 PM2/18/13
On Monday, 3 December 2012 10:26:07 UTC+2, Angela Bassett wrote:
I'm having the same issue. I tried to check my size limit and it looks like it is under the 512K limitation. But maybe I need better directions on how to check that and what that means. my blog is elderwtbassett.blogspot.com (And I only have a handful of subscribers)

http://elderwtbassett.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default is way beyond 512K, currently 1366 KB

Reducing max-results in the original source feed to 5 posts would get you under the limit.

But the cause of your problem is that you'be been copying text directly from Word into Blogger, which is a big no-no,
so you need to remove the junk formatting from your posts, if you at least want the posts to be viewable to all IE users.

Matti Nescio

Feb 18, 2013, 5:22:25 PM2/18/13
On Monday, 18 February 2013 17:59:52 UTC+2, Jon Darch wrote:
Same issue here, we have a blog which has over 8,000 subscribers, which used to send out email versions of our Blog posts but this hasn't been working for months.

Which feed URLs (+ email subscriptions ?) is the 8000 counted from ?

>  We've recently moved this onto Wordpress but it had stopped sending with Blogspot even before the move.

There a few too many feed URLs at your site - even some of the Blogger feed URLs still work

After a quick check, the following feed URLs still exist but are broke in one or more ways.

http://www.blogger.com/feeds/25326183/posts/default  (but all posts point to a 404 error , ~1430 KB in size - showing 65 base64 embedded images)

http://www.xpango.com/blog/atom.xml  (pointing to working pages, but not updated in years , ~1660 KB in size, showing that you've both pasted directly from Word, and embedded images as base64 data directly on the page)

So really you need to both stop pasting text directly from Word (do it via plain notepad instead), and stop dragging images to your posts, upload and/or link them properly.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/xpango (using the Blogger feed http://blog.xpango.com/feeds/posts/default as the original source feed , which does not exist), so a little impossible  for it to update)

Which really leaves you with only one working feed : http://blog.xpango.com/feed/  , which is at 213 KB at only 10 posts, so keep an eye on the size

Jon Darch

Feb 19, 2013, 10:42:43 AM2/19/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matti,

Thanks for your reply - very much appreciated.

Amazingly just a few hours later an email notification from our Blog with a year's worth of posts!  So it's great to see this working and it looks as if it has back dated too.

To answer your question, we have about 8800 email subscribers to our feed and then 5,022 actual subscribers (I presume via RSS) - so hopefully our subscribers will now start to receive some emails too.

I will follow through the rest of your suggestions to make sure everything is in order, especially the MS Word text.

For anyone else reading this thread, it seems to me as if Feedburner will send your emails as normal, you just need to make sure everything is in order so definitely worth checking for problems.

Thanks again,

Jon

Heels First

Feb 22, 2013, 9:32:21 AM2/22/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com

I have a similar issue.  My website, http://www.heelsfirsttravel.com is sending out RSS feed updates, but isn't doing email.  (It also stopped recording stats on January 30th.)

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I appreciate any help!  Thanks!

Renata Salles

Apr 11, 2013, 9:51:19 AM4/11/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
 I have a similar issue. My blog, http://www.nossolook.com.br is ok with RSS feed updates, but isn't sending the emails.  Can anyone help me?

Sarah K

Apr 29, 2013, 1:11:03 PM4/29/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same problems with feedburner via email...is this still an issue for you and how do you resolve if now working.

Thanks
Sarah

Jon Darch

Apr 29, 2013, 3:49:51 PM4/29/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sarah,

I managed to fix this issue by looking at the content in my actual feed - I found this contained a lot of content that had been copied from MS Word,which meant a lot of additional HTML mark-up had been included.

By cleaning the feed up and resubmitting it to Feedburner, it fixed the issue and started emailing again.  The system even re-sent all of the posts that should have been sent in the interim.

Hope that helps,

Jon

Sofya Godovalova

May 12, 2013, 7:18:00 PM5/12/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Good day, Jon!
Can you help me to solve this problem? I many times read your post and still dont understand..which exactly settings I have to repair for this mailing can begin again?
I will be very very thanked you!

blogge...@aceworldwideservices.com

May 13, 2013, 5:29:44 AM5/13/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I have just signed up for your email updates to try your newsletters and it works perfectly, sent me a feedburner confirmation instantly and used link to agree. Also tried your RSS feeds link through feedburner and works on my feedly account! Are you still getting problems, as l noticed this post was dated Nov 2012? Regards, Ian http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailconfirm?k=xp68aeKrP0U2AH-hjvzpHjCHQqc

Katerina Konstantinou

Nov 5, 2013, 3:50:11 AM11/5/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem!
My burner just stopped sending e-mails! http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/gGQEN
But it is up to date and under the 512K limitation.
Any help?

Tony Proctor

Nov 26, 2013, 10:13:57 AM11/26/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I recently had problems with Feedburner not delivering any of my updates to my email subscribers, but I think I found a better way of fixing any MS Word problems.

Like a number of people, I use a word-processor to generate a more professional post (including citations and reference notes), and that happened to be MS Word. I was aware that Word generates a lot of Office-specific tags but wasn't aware that this would hinder Feedburner. Unfortunately, generating a plain-text equivalent and trying to "repair" the layout and formatting in Blogger in not practical in all cases.

However, Word 2007 upwards have Save-As option of "Web Page, Filtered (*.htm, *.html)". I did a temporary Save in this format, cut-and-pasted from its output to the Blogger Compose window, and saved the blog. Amazingly, I got my first set of updates delivered a few minutes later.

laike9m

Feb 13, 2014, 12:49:57 AM2/13/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
same here, I subscribed my friend's blog and my own blog, none of them ever has ever sent me email.

Lupu Victor

May 9, 2014, 2:15:45 PM5/9/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
How to clean the feed up and resubmitting it to Feedburner? What do you mean????

heather klump

May 11, 2014, 10:52:13 AM5/11/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone replied back as to how to fix the issue at all? I have done all of the below abd above and then some.. MEGA Frustrated!

Matti Nescio

May 11, 2014, 6:34:22 PM5/11/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, May 11, 2014 5:52:13 PM UTC+3, heather klump wrote:

Surely you're not using your at&t email address as the From: email address in Feedburner ?

Lupu Victor

May 12, 2014, 3:44:31 AM5/12/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
My feedburner dont send emails to subscribers. Could it also be because i write the posts on my blog with diacritics from my phone? Because I see they are slightly different. Please help. I am so sad :(
My blog is http://lupuvictor.blogspot.com

Michael Schaff

May 13, 2014, 9:24:57 AM5/13/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Same problem. Any fixes?

Rebecca Brockbank

May 21, 2014, 12:08:30 AM5/21/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I am new to this whole blogging thing. my site is thecookingandcoffeecafe.weebly.com/ Nobody is getting the notices via feedburner.  I don't know where to check & see how big my posts are but I am pretty sure they are small. I don't really know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

John Baumeister

May 26, 2014, 4:39:57 PM5/26/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I'm having email problems too.  The last email that was sent out was on April 21.  I thought it might be related to the DMARC changes that AOL recently made, since I signed up for Feedburner years ago with my @aol.com email address.  I updated the From address to a personal domain, and I followed the instructions to ensure my feed was not over 512K.  I wrote a few simple test posts today with no luck.  Can anyone help?? I'm not using Word to compose new posts either.

Altoon

May 27, 2014, 7:51:36 AM5/27/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
My post from yesterday did not get sent out to my subscriber list. I haven't changed anything and it was working fine until yesterday, though this did happen once a couple of years ago. Very very aggravating.

John Baumeister

May 28, 2014, 12:36:47 AM5/28/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Slight correction - Apparently it isn't all emails that are failing.  Today after a new post posted, my gmail address received the email but my aol address did not.

Altoon

May 30, 2014, 5:38:28 AM5/30/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
It happened again today. My emails were not sent out for a new blog post. When it happened a few days ago I reposted the blog post and the email subscriptions were then sent out. My feed has no problems; I checked, though the analyze page seems to have problems. In between a post went out fine, then this morning it didn't work again! This is very very annoying!

Jennifer Bielman

Jun 17, 2014, 5:08:22 AM6/17/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Since April, my feedburner emails stopped going out for some people. I still get them but 5 different followers told me they stopped getting my emails. Help!

Mandy

Jun 17, 2014, 4:14:00 PM6/17/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Our Feedburner email subscriptions aren't working -- some people are getting emails when we post, but others aren't. And there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to this -- other than the fact that those who aren't receiving emails consistently don't receive those emails. If anyone who has experienced problems before has any troubleshooting tips, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Matti Nescio

Jun 17, 2014, 5:53:42 PM6/17/14

On Tuesday, 17 June 2014 23:14:00 UTC+3, Mandy wrote:
Our Feedburner email subscriptions aren't working -- some people are getting emails when we post, but others aren't.

What email provider are you claiming to send the updates from ?
(In Feedburner settings in Publicize / Email Subscriptions / Communication Preferences)

Anything in common with the email address of those not receiving the emails vs.
those receiving them ?

For this purpose, yahoo=at&t=verizon and aol all use very strict dmarc settings.

Karrie S

Jun 17, 2014, 9:05:40 PM6/17/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Last month I went about 10 days without receiving any email from the blogs I subscribe to by feedburner. I thought it had to do with my college email being forwarded (sometimes I have to sign in every so often or they stop forwarding my email). Now it's happening again. Can you tell me WHY or what I need to do?!!! I subscribe to like 4000 blogs, but get about 70 emailed to me. They don't post everyday, and I like to skim through them, so I'm up to date on what's going on. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!! You seem very smart :)  I have googled it a few times, and I end up on this page, where most people are having problems getting their blog out to subscribers, but I'm just a reader wanting to get my blogs! Computers are not my thing. I'm a nurse, lol, but I need a little guidance towards finding the answer to my problem. Thanks so much :)  My email that I use is: ksmith8(at)emich(dot)edu  to sign up in feedburner. It goes to my EMU email address, which is forwarded to ksmith8emich(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thanks Matti!!!

traders2...@gmail.com

May 3, 2015, 1:06:41 PM5/3/15
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Matti nescio
Hi,Matti Nescio

I had subscribed my feed using feed-burner but i am posting my tips in my website i am getting the updates from my rss reader but i am not getting the mail from my google feed-burner account.

Please look into this and help me for the same

Regards,

Venkatesan J
Message has been deleted

Mandy Rivers

Oct 27, 2017, 1:51:21 PM10/27/17
to Publicity Tools
Hi Matti,

I know this is an old thread but I've been searching for help for hours and you are the only one I see who knows how to check for issues.

My new post didn't get emailed to subscribers today. I posted 2 others earlier in the week that worked fine.

I added max-results=3 to my title but really can't figure out what else to try.

Can you please help me?

Matti nescio

Oct 27, 2017, 6:08:52 PM10/27/17
to Publicity Tools
On Friday, 27 October 2017 18:51:21 UTC+1, Mandy Rivers wrote:
My new post didn't get emailed to subscribers today. I posted 2 others earlier in the week that worked fine.

When did the 2 earlier posts get sent via email, compared to when you published them ?

I added max-results=3 to my title but really can't figure out what else to try.

Publsh one more post and wait at least 24 hours, without changing your Feedburner Delivery Schedule just yet.

elyes majdoub

Oct 30, 2017, 4:35:25 AM10/30/17
to Publicity Tools
Thank ! The same problem I have too!

Jamie Fowler

Nov 20, 2017, 2:26:47 PM11/20/17
to Publicity Tools
I have a blog https://poolsidepass.blogspot.co.uk/
I have a few posts up and a few subscribers too, but they aren' t getting any email notifications. Why is this. I am rookie to blogging so would appreciate some help!

Matti nescio

Nov 20, 2017, 3:10:54 PM11/20/17
to Publicity Tools
On Monday, 20 November 2017 21:26:47 UTC+2, Jamie Fowler wrote:

A pretty vital detail you neglected to mention : when you burned the https://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/QVxTzD
feed , your blog URL was still https://swimcoachcorner.blogspot.com , but then you renamed it - but didn't :
  • create a stub blog at the old address, set up Post Feed Redirect
  • update the Original Feed URL of the Feedburner feed (and leave the other Feed Details untouched)

Eze King Eke

Jan 9, 2018, 7:52:01 PM1/9/18
to Publicity Tools
Hi Matti Nescio,

I need your help! I'm on blogger and just hours ago, I discovered that my Feedburner feed has not been sending out emails for months! I have a total of over 1,200 subscribers. I set just set up a twitter feed via that burner and found out I had zero reach, that's how I checked and found out the burner had not been sending out emails all along. My site URL is ...

Please, help me figure this out and don't be too technical about the solution.

Eze King Eke

Jan 9, 2018, 7:53:05 PM1/9/18
to Publicity Tools
Mentioned you in a post below. Pls check and reply

Matti nescio

Jan 9, 2018, 8:26:51 PM1/9/18
to Publicity Tools
On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 02:52:01 UTC+2, Eze King Eke wrote:

Apart from https://feeds.feedburner.com/kingezesblog/ZBpD , do you have any other feeds on your Feedburner account ?

The posts on your blog still have quite a lot of junk Word formatting that you should remove.

Eze King Eke

Jan 10, 2018, 2:52:55 AM1/10/18
to Publicity Tools

Actually I have 3 other feeds. One is associated with another blog which does not exist now. It is the story blog in the image. I had to burn one feed months ago after Dilv.t gave me the feed excess normal limit email alert. The other two, I really don't know who set them up, my blog builders most likely. At the moment I know my subscribers are using the first FeedBurner link to subscribe to my blog but i really don't know which is my original feed of the 4 which is why I'm scared to delete any of them.

As for the Junk, reading through your comments on this group is how I figured out my mistake. I have been copying directly from MS Word into blogger post pad and publishing for over a year now! Lord! All my 300 or so posts were all formulated in MS Word and copied to blogger! If I have to go through each post on the blog clean up, then I'm in trouble. Is there no way I can solve the problem of removing all the Junks on the blog.

I attached a photo of my Feedburner dashboard so you can see the other feeds. What do i do?

Matti nescio

Jan 10, 2018, 6:12:35 AM1/10/18
to Publicity Tools
On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 09:52:55 UTC+2, Eze King Eke wrote:
I had to burn one feed months ago after Dilv.t gave me the feed excess normal limit email alert. The other two, I really don't know who set them up, my blog builders most likely. At the moment I know my subscribers are using the first FeedBurner link to subscribe to my blog but i really don't know which is my original feed of the 4 which is why I'm scared to delete any of them.

What are the Feed Details of the two top feeds listed ?

All my 300 or so posts were all formulated in MS Word and copied to blogger! If I have to go through each post on the blog clean up, then I'm in trouble. Is there no way I can solve the problem of removing all the Junks on the blog.

Really removing the junk from the latest 25 posts would be quite enough.

Melissa Sperka

Jan 10, 2018, 11:25:15 AM1/10/18
to Publicity Tools
My Feedburner feed is suddenly not delivering email updates today. I pinged the feed but, still no email update. Are there any known issues and are they being fixed?

Thanks!

SADE ELA KITCHEN

Aug 29, 2018, 1:31:50 PM8/29/18
to Publicity Tools
It has been I have try to burne my feedburner subscription email is not working
Here's my blog site
http://Mynetkitchen.blospot.com
Screenshot_20180829-192814.jpg

SADE ELA KITCHEN

Aug 29, 2018, 1:37:22 PM8/29/18
to Publicity Tools
I have been trying to burn my feedburner subscription it could not burn
https://Mynetkitchen.blogspot.com
Screenshot_20180829-192814.jpg