Feedburner Socialize Stopped Posting to Twitter

David Law

Nov 16, 2017, 6:00:25 AM11/16/17
to Publicity Tools
Been using Feedburner to share content over Twitter via the Socialize feature for a couple of months with no problems, on the 14th November all my feeds (multiple feeds, several Twitter accounts) stopped posting to Twitter (looks like they all stopped at the same time).

The original feeds and the Feedburner feeds are updating, so the only thing I can see that's wrong is the feed items are not being posted to Twitter.

Have tried reconnecting Feedburner to Twitter multiple times with no joy:

Used the "Add a Twitter Account Button" to reconnect multiple times with multiple feeds.
Also gone to manage connections, removed the relevant connection and reconnected.
Under Twitter I've revoked the Google connection and then reconnected via the "Add a Twitter Account Button".

Have used a second Gmail account to create a new Feedburner feed using Google news as source, waited 6+ hours for updates (the Feedburner feed updated) and it's not posting to Twitter.

Original Source: https://news.google.com/news/rss/search/section/q/brexit/brexit?hl=en-GB&ned=uk&gl=GB
Feedburner Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/google-news-brexit-rss-feed

The original and Feedburner feeds are updating, I've connected it to one of my Twitter accounts, but none of the items are posted to Twitter.

So got the same issue with multiple Twitter accounts, multiple feeds and multiple Google accounts.

I see two possible issues.

1. Feedburner is broken, similar to the issue https://groups.google.com/d/msg/publicity-tools/nZjFdN0ZELQ/u1T1lyyZ598J which required a fix.

2. Twitter has changed something.

Any ideas???

David

Dreamboxgate

Nov 16, 2017, 11:26:12 AM11/16/17
to Publicity Tools
same issue here

David Law

Nov 16, 2017, 12:32:22 PM11/16/17
to Publicity Tools
Did your issue start on the 14th as well?

David
Message has been deleted

Dreamboxgate

Nov 16, 2017, 12:42:48 PM11/16/17
to Publicity Tools
yes
with my 2 sites

Jason Purdy

Nov 16, 2017, 2:47:54 PM11/16/17
to Publicity Tools
I also have this problem, also since the 14th. We've been using it for years. Coincidentally, I also see 0's in my subscriber stats graph.

David Law

Nov 17, 2017, 7:01:04 AM11/17/17
to Publicity Tools
My feeds are posting to Twitter again.

:-)

David

Jason Purdy

Nov 17, 2017, 9:57:33 AM11/17/17
to Publicity Tools
Same here - guess this was just a hiccup. Thanks to whomever fixed it! :)

elyes majdoub

Nov 28, 2017, 5:14:51 AM11/28/17
to Publicity Tools
If you can work around 25 minutes a day,

vreemdelingenrecht.com

May 16, 2018, 9:12:02 AM5/16/18
to Publicity Tools
But now (May 2018) it does not seem to work anymore.

Isaiah Maidis

May 16, 2018, 10:18:14 AM5/16/18
to Publicity Tools
Same here stopped working from End of March. Any solution?

Bostan Anwar

May 16, 2018, 10:26:08 AM5/16/18
to Publicity Tools
Yes, I think google discontinued feedburner.

David Law

May 16, 2018, 12:41:30 PM5/16/18
to Publicity Tools
Feedburner is still working, I'm using multiple feeds and have Twitter posts from an hour or so ago.

Only major problem I've had recently was my feeds started posting to multiple Twitter accounts, made a right mess! So it didn't happen again I registered a Google account for each Twitter account, so each Twitter account uses one Feedburner account to keep the feeds separate.

David