YouTube Videos Embedded in Display Cause Errors

Nina Zolotow

May 14, 2015, 4:55:13 PM5/14/15
to publici...@googlegroups.com
YouTube videos embedded in the original post display errors to users receiving the email. Is there anything I can do about this? So many readers complain about this. They want to be able to watch the videos without going to the blog. Thanks!

Maks Verver

May 15, 2015, 4:13:15 AM5/15/15
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nina,

I don't have an immediate answer for you; it might be a feature of the email client that it won't display embedded videos for security reasons.

Could you provide a link to your feed, so I can test this myself?

 - Maks.

Samuel Marques

Mar 10, 2016, 8:02:49 AM3/10/16
to Publicity Tools
Hello,
have you ever solved this problem?

Tell me how please

Phil Hollows, CEO, FeedBlitz

Mar 11, 2016, 11:47:49 AM3/11/16
to Publicity Tools
Email clients will not typically not display scripted elements or embedded videos (exception: Apple mail on the Mac, which may play embedded HTML 5 videos using the <video> tag).

For now you basically have to give up on video working in email. Instead, have an email service that converts the embedded video to a thumbnail automatically, or at least offer an alternative link for email readers to use in your post so they can click through to view. You can't really avoid having email readers clicking through to something to watch your video; whether it's your post or your YouTube channel is a decision you can make if you add the alternate link yourself.