Best way to organize data

Town Webmaster

Nov 23, 2015, 4:14:38 PM11/23/15
to Google Public Data Explorer
Business goal is to be able to compare municipalities by what they spent on their budget in specific categories.

Attached we have the data already in yearly.csv files (ie 2004.csv) and I understand each year needs to be a column for easier comparison but what I confused about it how should I group the categories?  There are 38 income categories which = total_income but I want to be able to compare legislative services for townA vs townB, can this only be done as a filter (bottom left corner of visualization)?

I am working from the "european_unemployment" example currently and it appears that I should convert the 'counties' to 'municipalities' to follow the data structure.
Sex/gender easily becomes Income/Expenses but do I really have to make "seasonal" => a list of 38 Categories?
2004.csv