UX improvement on compare by selection box

fs...@xei.ca

Mar 8, 2015, 3:36:05 PM3/8/15
to public-d...@googlegroups.com
I am suggesting an UX improvement to the compare-by selection box. This is the box where you select the countries to display on the chart (see image below). Right now selecting a country is relatively painful since the list is so large. Grouping countries by their geography helps a bit, but is still cumbersome. I suggest implementing an autocomplete search box. For example, to add Australia, I would simply type 'Aus' and the search box will autocomplete it for me. This is a lot easier to use then drilling down into the list to find Australia.

Here is the current 'compare-by' selection box: