Fwd: Meeting with collector @ 4 pm today against PMPML fare hike proposal

Nikhil VJ

Dec 11, 2014, 2:22:20 AM12/11/14
to ptt...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aamaadmiparty Pune <aamaadmip...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Subject: Meeting with collector @ 4 pm today against PMPML fare hike proposal

Dear AAP Pune Volunteers,

The issue of PMPML is critically important for the real aam aadmi and aurat of Pune and a beautiful opportunity for AAP Pune to serve them by fighting with them shoulder to shoulder for improving the bus service. However the first step towards this is to ensure that the concerned authorities do not resort to hiking the fares as the ONLY solution to sustain the service and get out of their operational losses. Keeping this in mind, AAP Pune has taken a strong stand against the proposed bus fare hike by PMPML.

In order to air our views, we have been invited by the honourable collector of Pune, Mr. Saurabh Rao on

Thursday, 11th of December 2014 (TODAY) at 4 pm at his office (council hall, opp. Inox, Bundgarden, Pune).

We are only too happy to invite all of you to be present on this occasion to send across a clear and strong message as to how strongly AAP Pune feels regarding this issue. We expect all of you to take out your valuable time and be part of this meeting to show our commitment and resolve to create systemic change. We need to tell the Aam Aadmi and Aurat of Pune that we stand by them for their RIGHT to have an efficient and effective public transport system. We need to make this event a grand success, and of course, don't forget to wear your topis when you come there!

The synopsis of the letter to the collector is given below:
*******
1) Public transport cannot be viewed as a profit making venture and the burden of operating losses should be borne by PMC and PCMC through suitable budgetary provisions and if required by the state government.

2) The inefficiency of the administration is root cause of these over expensive operation.

3) Increase in ticket price is not going to increase the revenue as the passengers would come down as shown repeatedly on 5 occasions in the past. In fact this kind of a move would prompt more commuters to buy their own vehicle and thereby increase the pressure of private vehicles on the already congested roads!

4) It is counter-intuitive that the diesel prices have gone down and ticket price is being increased

Therefore we demand that, instead of hiking the bus fare, PMPML should publish a service improvement commitment which ensures clean buses, very less breakdowns, proper timetables and route maps on all bus shelters, bus shelters on all stops, facilities for commuters at bus stands etc.

Thousands of commuters have also demanded rejection of fare hike proposal through our signature campaign.
*******

Please find attached the promo sticker for today's event. Do use it profusely for reaching out to as many volunteers as possible and to invite them for the event through facebook, whatsapp, emails, and other modes of communication.

We look forward to seeing you today...

warm regards,
Chenthil R. Iyer,

AAP Pune Desk