Psiphon 3 issues in Iran...

alanpe...@gmail.com

May 7, 2013, 6:03:34 AM5/7/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
First of all Thanking you for your great job by creating this gate of freedom which is called PSIPHON 3.
There is a big problem connecting with Psiphon 3 into Iran's Internet (big disappointment is a better name for it) since few days ago... and I saw many other complains about it too.
Psiphon connects and reconnects every 1 or 2 seconds, it is not stable at all and using it is almost impossible.
The same happens on Android version too so my guess is, Iran authorities just started to block it somehow by tracking and blocking Psiphon Servers perhaps...
Looking forward to see it fine and brilliant again as what it was used to be, and also a comment about the problem from the team of Psiphon 3 so it shows that the voices are heard.
Once again, THANK YOU.

Adam Kruger

May 7, 2013, 11:19:00 AM5/7/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.  Thank you for your message.  We are working to come up with a solution to this current issue.  Windows version 50 is currently being deployed with a minor improvement: it will now automatically reconnect when it is disconnected, so that you don't have to click the button to restart the connection.  Other improvements will be coming and we hope to fully address the issue soon.

alanpe...@gmail.com

May 8, 2013, 3:46:10 PM5/8/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanking you for your kind notice and quick response...
I've downloaded the latest version (Client 50) it stays connected but unfortunately it wont work and stops opening web pages (Ex. FaceBook) after a short while though it is still connected... Its exactly the same as the Android version.
But once again thank you for all your great efforts and works and wish you all the bests and good luck in the up coming tasks.
Regards
Alan

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 6:03 AM, <alanpe...@gmail.com> wrote:
First of all Thanking you for your great job by creating this gate of freedom which is called PSIPHON 3.
There is a big problem connecting with Psiphon 3 into Iran's Internet (big disappointment is a better name for it) since few days ago... and I saw many other complains about it too.
Psiphon connects and reconnects every 1 or 2 seconds, it is not stable at all and using it is almost impossible.
The same happens on Android version too so my guess is, Iran authorities just started to block it somehow by tracking and blocking Psiphon Servers perhaps...
Looking forward to see it fine and brilliant again as what it was used to be, and also a comment about the problem from the team of Psiphon 3 so it shows that the voices are heard.
Once again, THANK YOU.

behnam Tehrani

May 10, 2013, 7:29:35 AM5/10/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
The government disconnects ssl connection every 30 seconds without looking at the destination ip address. So every 30 seconds we should restart siphone. BUT last night i've connected with android version and it connected to server no 8 and the connection lasted 8 hours untile i turned my phone off. So look for what is different in server 8 from other servers. Thanks for you amazing software and support

Adam Kruger

May 10, 2013, 8:08:10 AM5/10/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com

Hi. Did you connect with version 33?

On 10 May 2013 07:29, "behnam Tehrani" <behn...@gmail.com> wrote:
The government disconnects ssl connection every 30 seconds without looking at the destination ip address. So every 30 seconds we should restart siphone. BUT last night i've connected with android version and it connected to server no 8 and the connection lasted 8 hours untile i turned my phone off. So look for what is different in server 8 from other servers. Thanks for you amazing software and support

Amin Hassani

May 10, 2013, 9:46:14 AM5/10/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
I use client version 50 for windows, but it still gets disconnected about every 30 sec. it only try to reconnect itself after getting disconnected and some times, it can't even reconnect !

what is verion 33 ?

best regards.

Adam Kruger

May 10, 2013, 10:08:26 AM5/10/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.  Windows client version 52 and Android client version 33 are currently being built and deployed.  These new versions might help.  They will be available for automatic upgrade in a few hours.  If you check your usual download mechanism you might be able to get the new version sooner.  Please let us know how it works for you.  Thanks.

Amin Hassani

May 10, 2013, 3:49:03 PM5/10/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
thank you for your efforts. client version 52 is better. but it again gets disconnected about every 1 or 2 minutes. and please consider that in Iran internet speed is very low.
thanks for your support.

Best regards.

Amin Hassani

May 10, 2013, 4:03:37 PM5/10/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
sorry, my previous email was hurriedly. client version 52 is really better. but in low speed internet (like most places in Iran) it gets disconnected after some minutes.
thank you a million !
please help us.

best regards.

alanpe...@gmail.com

May 11, 2013, 8:04:13 AM5/11/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kruger...
Client version 52 for windows is a remedy and works fine but version 33 for android stuck in selecting server, shows the DNS resolver again and again on Android 4.1.2...
 Regards
Alan

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Adam Kruger <a.kr...@psiphon.ca> wrote:

Hi. Did you connect with version 33?

On 10 May 2013 07:29, "behnam Tehrani" <behn...@gmail.com> wrote:
The government disconnects ssl connection every 30 seconds without looking at the destination ip address. So every 30 seconds we should restart siphone. BUT last night i've connected with android version and it connected to server no 8 and the connection lasted 8 hours untile i turned my phone off. So look for what is different in server 8 from other servers. Thanks for you amazing software and support

Adam Kruger

May 11, 2013, 8:56:02 AM5/11/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.  What kind of network are you connected to with your Android device?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

alanpe...@gmail.com

Adam Kruger

May 11, 2013, 5:23:03 PM5/11/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com

If you can't get past "selecting server" I think that means you can't reach any psiphon servers. Are you on your home Wi-Fi network? Can you access anything on the internet? Maybe try rebooting your dsl modem? Can you send feedback through the app and include the diagnostics attachment?

alanpe...@gmail.com

May 12, 2013, 5:22:39 PM5/12/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'm on a home Wi-Fi Network and I can surf the net with out running the Psiphon3 (Local and non filtered web sites perhaps)... older versions though (before recent issues) worked fine on a same network and handset... I even tried downloading it again but no luck... it shows:

Selecting Server...
DNS resolver 192.168.1.1
DNS resolver 8.8.8.8
Fetching remote server list...
again and again

alanpe...@gmail.com

Adam Kruger

May 12, 2013, 10:03:39 PM5/12/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.  Can you please use the in-app feedback mechanism and include the diagnostics attachment?  That might help us to debug your problem.  Some other things you might try:

- if you are using the "tunnel whole device" option, try disabling that mode
- try clearing data for the app (Settings -> Apps -> Psiphon 3 -> Clear data)

Please let us know if either of those things help.

Thanks.

alanpe...@gmail.com

May 13, 2013, 10:53:02 AM5/13/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kruger. I've tried every thing (Re-installing, Clearing data, Changing the Tunnel mode) but no luck... and since its not connected to the network, the feed back section is also not working and shows failed... and here is a screen shot of it:

But something strange just happened... switched to browser mode but after switching back to whole device, it connected fine... I'll work with it and will keep you updated...

Amin Hassani

May 23, 2013, 5:10:09 AM5/23/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I'm a user from Iran. today I tried a lot but psiphon (client version 52) even didn't connect !! when I wanted to connect, it showed :
Failed to connect (258,0)
SSH+ disconnected

please help me.

thanks for your help.

alanpe...@gmail.com

May 31, 2013, 3:52:32 AM5/31/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Kruger... this is very weird... I have the latest version 56 and it is connecting with SSH+ on one system (Secondary) with no problem but on my main system it is just connecting with SSH... and keeps searching for connection and shows failure every time... The proxy setting is identical on both the systems.

Adam Kruger

May 31, 2013, 10:29:29 AM5/31/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.  Are both systems on the same network?  Try copying the server entries from the good system (Secondary) to the other (main) one.

On your Secondary system, run the program regedit
Browse to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Psiphon3
Open the Servers value and copy the data
Save the data in a file and copy that file to your main system
On your main system, run the program regedit
Browse to the same key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Psiphon3
Open the servers value and paste in the data from the other machine

Please let me know if that fixes your problem.

rahman

Aug 19, 2013, 12:01:06 PM8/19/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
From Iran again!
I used Psiphon 3 for several days in my college, but since 3-4 days ago, it stops to work, neither on windows nor on my android device.
On Windows it tries to connect but with no success and on my android it shows "SELECTING SERVER" and no progress.
there is an ISA proxy server here,you may need to know.
BUT, in home, with DSL connection,i have no problem and connect with both devices perfectly.
is there any possible solution to that? any port setting or new client?
my android version client is 40 and windows' is 60.

thanks in advance.

Ashkan Hidi

Nov 5, 2013, 12:45:23 PM11/5/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dear,

I am using Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 and using Psiphon android version. My android OS is 4.2.2. When i switch the mode of psiphon to "Tunnel Whole...." there is no chance to open censored pages on any software that i use like chrome, opera.
It just working well on psiphon browser.
Please help me.

Thank you.

Adam Kruger

Nov 6, 2013, 3:16:06 PM11/6/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.  Thanks for your message.  Is this problem happening for you when connected to a Wi-Fi network, or to your mobile data network, or both?

Ashkan Hidi

Adam Kruger

Nov 8, 2013, 4:59:49 PM11/8/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.  Do you still see this problem in the latest version (47)?

Ashkan Hidi

Adam Kruger

Nov 12, 2013, 11:54:22 AM11/12/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.  Are you still seeing this problem in version 48?  Please let us know if another tool works better for you.  Thanks.

Ashkan Hidi

Nov 12, 2013, 12:07:02 PM11/12/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Now i Update the psiphon to 48...
The problem is still here on my android
all sites that need to anti censored software not loaded.
please help

Ashkan Hidi

Nov 12, 2013, 12:17:22 PM11/12/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
EVERYTHING IS GOOD....
THANK YOU.
MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED IN VERSION 48....
THANK YOU KRUGER
THANK YOU KRUGER
THANK YOU KRUGER
THANK YOU KRUGER
THANK YOU KRUGER

Masoud Rostamiyan

Nov 20, 2013, 8:24:17 AM11/20/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
I've experienced some problems , but since the bandwidth on my connection is awful ! i worked it out by using it with patience .. as for other anti-proxy softwares available the advantage of Psiphon is that you will not get limited connection bandwidth ,so for the first time i actually can manage to get some juice from the Internet!

sadegh...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2013, 5:37:48 PM11/27/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com

Masoud Rostamiyan

Dec 3, 2013, 10:52:12 AM12/3/13
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com

to make it clear i took these screenshots , in the one without IDM downloading the connection could not last for four minutes and the second try with IDM successful ! yet very risky to download with a narrow bandwidth , because it would fail faster and the download would take long enough for that matter ! i tried this at work so normal people with normal bandwidth don't stand a chance downloading large programs or videos ! yet as you can see it's bandwidth is not limited like other anti-proxy networks , so thank you for that !

Khalil Momeni

Khalil Momeni

Jan 5, 2014, 2:47:00 PM1/5/14
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com

raso...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2014, 11:35:24 AM1/18/14
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com

در سه‌شنبه 7 مهٔ 2013، ساعت 14:33:34 (UTC+4:30)، alanpe...@gmail.com نوشته:
Message has been deleted

Shahram Amini

Feb 16, 2014, 6:35:18 AM2/16/14
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello dear
Psiphon 3 is deactivated in iran since 1/16/2014. Now how we can solve the problem? It's better i say, how can i help you to solve this problem?

Kasra Tavassoli

Apr 22, 2014, 2:01:57 AM4/22/14
to psiphon3-...@googlegroups.com

amir mohammad Zamanzadeh