PS1 PnP: update from last night; meet tonight?

Drew Fustini

Jul 24, 2013, 4:23:47 PM7/24/13
to Ed Bennett, Ed Bennett, Jay Hopkins, Ste Kulov, Dan Dumitrescu, Jason Crittenden, Michael Norman, ps1...@googlegroups.com, Shawn Blaszak
Correction to the blog link: http://www.element14.com/community/community/knode/single-board_computers/next-gen_beaglebone/blog/tags/psone312

Serendipity - last night JP fortuitously showed up and we had a good discuss and demo of the PnP (Ed B, Drew, Dan D were also present).

JP told me that generating gcode from a centroid file is not as hard as I had thought.  I still need to actually look at a centroid file generated by the EAGLE ULP script.

Ed, Dan D and JP got the TinyG to draw an exact rectangle per gcode instructions sent to TinyG with Ed's laptop (using CuteCom)..

We also dug out the "ruggedized" webcam that was formerly placed by the PnP project.  Ed attached it to his laptop and it worked.  TODO: see if this works with BeagleBone Black.

Ed B: is now busy moving through Sunday.  He should prob be at NERP monday night.

Dan D: I believe Dan may come tonight.  He wrote down the next steps as discussed with Ed B.  One big mechanical task remaining is mounting Ed's Z-axis + alpha-axis head "mast" to the PnP gantry.

Drew: I will stop at PS1 tonight with my BBB that is setup with Qt Python program pnpcntrl.py.  I also really need to finish up a e14 blog post I'm writing.  I won't be back after tonight until Monday night (NERP) due to Maker Faire: Detroit.

Final e14 blog post must be posted on July-31 Wednesday.  We will already get $500.  If we get the most votes versus Leeds Hackspace, then we will win another $500.

But we don't have to stress too much about the deadline (unless we enjoy that).  I know the PnP is longer term project.  The blog posts are a good opportunity to share our work-in-progress and lessons learned.  Personally, I hope DIY/OSHW PnP technology progresses like RepRap - an open, worldwide community which ranges from DIY tinkerers to companies making commercial kits & assembled units.

Thanks,
Drew
773-710-7131

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Drew Fustini <pdp7...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ongoing collection of photos and videos I shot:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa1tazUyp-oPIq5ASIDDpTk5Vju63miN3

My goal is to create media I can use for blogs posts on element14:
http://www.element14.com/community/community/knode/single-bo­ard_computers/next-gen_beaglebone/blog/tags/ps1