Python Book

Axel Rivera

Mar 7, 2013, 9:46:58 AM3/7/13
to pr...@googlegroups.com
What is the best Python as a second language book out there?? Any ideas or suggestions?

Roberto Rosario

Mar 7, 2013, 10:40:34 AM3/7/13
to pr...@googlegroups.com
Not a book per-se but a great resource nonetheless: https://python-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Kevin Shockey

Mar 7, 2013, 10:53:13 AM3/7/13
to pr...@googlegroups.com
I've used a few books so far:

Thinking like a computer scientist - http://www.openbookproject.net/thinkcs/python/english2e/
O'reilly - Python in a Nutshell

and some very specific engineering texts:
Matplotlib for Python Developers
Python Scripting for Computational Science

For me, the best book is the one that will get you coding, trying code, you know poking Python with a stick kind of stuff.  As I've said before, I find I learn a language best when I actually use it.  So far, all of the books I've tried have been successful in that regards.  IMHO that is one of Python's inherent advantages.

Karl Wagner

Apr 10, 2013, 11:57:20 AM4/10/13
to pr...@googlegroups.com
Learning Python, 4th Edition