Events not showing up, proxy problem?

jwdesselle

Dec 18, 2008, 10:00:21 AM12/18/08
to Provider for Google Calendar
I am new to Provider and Lightning. Here are the version's I'm using:
Thunderbird: 2.0.0.18 (20081105)
Lightning 0.9
Provider 0.5.1

I have uninstalled/re-installed both the Lightning and the Provider
several times. I've tried using all three links from Google
Calendars: XML, ICAL and HTML. My password/user name are correct.

Also, when I try to look for updates in the Add Ons of Thunderbird one
of my Add Ons succeeds but Lightning and Provider both say "An error
occurred while trying to find updates.

I've checked my proxy settings in Thunderbird, and they are correct.
Here are some of the information from the Error Console (I did set
calendar.debug.log = true)

I looked through the forum and didn't see much help for me. I did see
one posting with a 'fix' to something similar to all of this, but I
didn't know what to do with the supplied code.

Thanks for your help!
John
Recieved response for http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/jwdesselle%40cox.net/private/full

Error getting items:
[Exception... "null" nsresult: "0x804b000e (<unknown>)" location:
"JS frame ::
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/jdessell/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/krohi2r9.default/extensions/%7Ba62ef8ec-5fdc-40c2-873c-223b8a6925cc%7D/components/calGoogleCalendarModule.js
->
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/jdessell/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/krohi2r9.default/extensions/%7Ba62ef8ec-5fdc-40c2-873c-223b8a6925cc%7D/js/calGoogleCalendar.js
:: cGC_getItems_response :: line 829" data: no]

Warning: There has been an error reading data for calendar: Bills.
However, this error is believed to be minor, so the program will
attempt to continue. Error code: 0x804b000e. Description: null

Login failed. Status: 2152398862
Failing queue with 2152398862

Philipp Kewisch

Jan 12, 2009, 4:20:00 AM1/12/09
to Provider for Google Calendar
0x804b000e is NS_ERROR_NET_TIMEOUT, it seems either the proxy server
or the calendar server are timing out.

Philipp

On Dec 18 2008, 4:00 pm, jwdesselle <jwdesse...@cox.net> wrote:
> I am new to Provider and Lightning.  Here are the version's I'm using:
> Thunderbird:  2.0.0.18 (20081105)
> Lightning 0.9
> Provider 0.5.1
>
> I have uninstalled/re-installed both the Lightning and the Provider
> several times.  I've tried using all three links from Google
> Calendars:  XML, ICAL and HTML.  My password/user name are correct.
>
> Also, when I try to look for updates in the Add Ons of Thunderbird one
> of my Add Ons succeeds but Lightning and Provider both say "An error
> occurred while trying to find updates.
>
> I've checked my proxy settings in Thunderbird, and they are correct.
> Here are some of the information from the Error Console (I did set
> calendar.debug.log = true)
>
> I looked through the forum and didn't see much help for me.  I did see
> one posting with a 'fix' to something similar to all of this, but I
> didn't know what to do with the supplied code.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> John
> Recieved response forhttp://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/jwdesselle%40cox.net/private/full

rbr

Feb 10, 2009, 5:14:29 AM2/10/09
to Provider for Google Calendar
I had the same problem, indeed caused by a timeout, and had some
trouble to find the cause.
I like to share the cause in my case: the proxy was only configured
for HTTP and not for HTTPS (SSL) requests.
As a result, some calendars were refreshed correctly (based on http),
I did not experience any problems when I used the ICS synchronization
with google (because that used the private-URL string over http). But
when I moved to this Google provider, the synchronization did not work
anymore.

Is it possible to change the message into a more friendly description?
NS_ERROR_NET_TIMEOUT already is a clearer message than: Login failed.

Anyway: other people experiencing the same can verify their network
connection, and the SSL proxy settings as a possible cause of this
problem.

Robert

Philipp Kewisch

Feb 11, 2009, 4:24:28 AM2/11/09
to Provider for Google Calendar
Unfortunately this is something I'd rather see fixed in core mozilla
code. I would have to replicate all error codes and convert them to
their string counterpart. Since there are quite many, I'd rather like
to see the network code correctly fill the exception.

Philipp