Issue 397 in protobuf: problem of using protobuf on hadoop

prot...@googlecode.com

Jul 19, 2012, 3:29:52 AM7/19/12
to prot...@googlegroups.com
Owner: liuj...@google.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 397 by jaysoona...@gmail.com: problem of using protobuf on hadoop

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.Compile my .proto file with java_out.
2.It's right when I run my program on local enviroment. My local
environment is Windows7 32bit system, Eclipse IDE, jdk 1.6 and Hadoop
plug-in of Eclipse.
3.It's wrong when I run my program on distribute enviroment. The distribute
environment is CentOS5.4 64bit system, jdk 1.7 and hadoop.

The result as fellow, it show that the field cann't be found.

FATAL org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child: Error running child :
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: alwaysUseFieldBuilders
at urlpackage.MainTable$MainTableData.access$1800(MainTable.java:696)
at
urlpackage.MainTable$MainTableData$Builder.maybeForceBuilderInitialization(MainTable.java:897)
at urlpackage.MainTable$MainTableData$Builder.<init>(MainTable.java:889)
at urlpackage.MainTable$MainTableData$Builder.create(MainTable.java:902)
at
urlpackage.MainTable$MainTableData$Builder.access$1600(MainTable.java:874)
at urlpackage.MainTable$MainTableData.newBuilder(MainTable.java:861)

protobuf-2.4.1
CentOS

Surprisingly, when I use protobuf-2.3.0 on distribute environment, my
program can run exactly. Why?

prot...@googlecode.com

Jul 19, 2012, 3:33:45 AM7/19/12
to prot...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 397 by liuj...@google.com: problem of using protobuf on
hadoop

Please make sure the protobuf.jar runtime on your remote host matches your
protoc version. My guess is your remote host uses a stalled protobuf
runtime.

prot...@googlecode.com

Jul 19, 2012, 6:46:19 AM7/19/12
to prot...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 397 by jaysoona...@gmail.com: problem of using protobuf
on hadoop

Yeah, I am sure that they are the same version. I packed corresponding
protobuf.jar up my project, and the remote host didn't install any version
protobuf. But as I said above, my program can run exactly when I use
protobuf-2.3.0 on distribute environment, it is surprising.