Can't install LuaDBI on Debian 6.0

llun

Apr 11, 2011, 1:04:48 PM4/11/11
to proso...@googlegroups.com
I tried to install LauDBI on Debian 6.0 with apt but it errors with following message

 liblua5.1-dbi0 : Depends: libmysqlclient15off (>= 5.0.27-1) but it is not installable

So I build it from source but I don't know where to put result to correct directory. Which directory should I move .so and DBI.lua to?

Matthew Wild

Apr 11, 2011, 1:07:02 PM4/11/11
to proso...@googlegroups.com
On 11 April 2011 18:04, llun <nat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to install LauDBI on Debian 6.0 with apt but it errors with
> following message
>  liblua5.1-dbi0 : Depends: libmysqlclient15off (>= 5.0.27-1) but it is not
> installable

Thanks, I'm looking into this.

> So I build it from source but I don't know where to put result to correct
> directory. Which directory should I move .so and DBI.lua to?

DBI.lua: /usr/local/share/lua/5.1/DBI.lua
*.so: /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/*.so

Regards,
Matthew

llun

Apr 11, 2011, 1:10:23 PM4/11/11
to proso...@googlegroups.com
Wow, so fast. Thanks Matthew.

Christopher Arndt

Apr 20, 2011, 9:35:39 AM4/20/11
to prosody-dev
On Apr 11, 7:04 pm, llun <natk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to install LauDBI on Debian 6.0 with apt but it errors with
> following message

>  liblua5.1-dbi0 : Depends: libmysqlclient15off (>= 5.0.27-1) but it is not
> installable

I can report the same problem on Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS. Ubuntu 10.04 has
an libmysqlclient16 package in its repository.

Anyway, I only want to use SQLite, I don't need MySQL support in
LuaDBI. Is there a way to package it without the libmysqlclient
dependency? Or do i have to compile it myself for this?

Chris

Matthew Wild

Apr 20, 2011, 12:05:32 PM4/20/11
to proso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

On 20 April 2011 14:35, Christopher Arndt <chris...@web.de> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 7:04 pm, llun <natk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I tried to install LauDBI on Debian 6.0 with apt but it errors with
>> following message
>>
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>  liblua5.1-dbi0 : Depends: libmysqlclient15off (>= 5.0.27-1) but it is not
>> installable
>
> I can report the same problem on Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS. Ubuntu 10.04 has
> an libmysqlclient16 package in its repository.

There is a PPA with a working version of LuaDBI for Ubuntu 10.04:
https://launchpad.net/~prosody-dev/+archive/ppa

The PPA doesn't currently contain new Prosody releases (it may do some
day), so add this to your apt sources as well as the normal
packages.prosody.im repository.

I'm still working on an equivalent for Debian stable, but am not done
yet. Compiling manually should work fine.

Regards,
Matthew

llun

Apr 20, 2011, 12:48:34 PM4/20/11
to proso...@googlegroups.com
'make sqlite3' to make only sqlite library.

Matthew Wild

Apr 20, 2011, 1:29:54 PM4/20/11
to proso...@googlegroups.com
On 20 April 2011 17:48, llun <nat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'make sqlite3' to make only sqlite library.

Ha, thanks... that one is new to me too :)

Regards,
Matthew

Christopher Arndt

Apr 20, 2011, 2:49:29 PM4/20/11
to proso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew,

Matthew Wild schrieb:

> There is a PPA with a working version of LuaDBI for Ubuntu 10.04:
> https://launchpad.net/~prosody-dev/+archive/ppa

Thanks for the help! In the meantime I compiled luadbi myself and found
out about the "make sqlite3" thing too, but I'll try the ppa anyway, so
I can profit from updates.

Chris