ptrace / gdb layer. Missing calls?

milky...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2014, 5:23:00 AM10/27/14
to proo...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Im trying to use GDB within proot with the 4.0.3 release.
It seems to work fine on x86-64 with most programs. Some do "hang" however and never break.
Heavy multithreaded applications suffer most problem with a total hang without ever reaching a bp.
So far I don't have a grasp on what the problem seems to be.
I can see that PTRACE_PEEKSIGINFO and PTRACE_SETOPTION are missing.
Delivering signals in multithreaded applications is a bit of a nuisance, but why would proot break that?
Shouldn't all signals be delivered by default after stopping?