qemu-arm - FATAL: kernel too old

Christer Solskogen

Jan 28, 2014, 2:22:14 AM1/28/14
to proo...@googlegroups.com
I have glibc installed in a sysroot together with bash ( and some other tools), when I'm cross compiling to arm I get this when I try proot: FATAL: kernel too old.
I start proot with "-q qemu-arm" and "-k 3.12" - I used the same procedure for creating that sysroot but with x86_64 as arch (and alas without -q qemu-arm, but with -k 3.12) and that works fine.

Cédric VINCENT

Jan 28, 2014, 5:11:46 AM1/28/14
to proo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Christer,

Could you please specify both the version of proot and qemu you are using?

Regards,
Cédric.

Christer Solskogen

Jan 28, 2014, 5:39:02 AM1/28/14
to proo...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:11:46 AM UTC+1, Cédric VINCENT wrote:
Hello Christer,

Could you please specify both the version of proot and qemu you are using?

Hi!

I'm running the latest version of proot (I've compiled it myself from git)
qemu-arm -version
qemu-arm version 1.5.0 (Debian 1.5.0+dfsg-3ubuntu5.2), Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

But I've found a workaround:  qemu-arm supports the -r switch, which pretty much does the same thing.

--
chs