How to do a multi node setup

Beginner

Nov 30, 2013, 6:18:32 AM11/30/13
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am trying to setup Voldemort on a 4 node cluster to fiddle around with the codebase and probably contribute to it. I was able to do a single node setup on my machine but I am want to work with multiple node and from last two days I am trying to get a multi node setup running but no luck till now. I have read each and every post on this discussion group which is related to multi node setup beside some links on the web but nothing has been helpful.

I have 4 nodes on my cluster. All of them are in the same domain. I also made these nodes to have password less SSH and tried setting up the EC2 testing environment from the scripts. But when I run "voldemort-clustergenerator.sh" script it outputs the cluster.xml contents on the screen. I tried redirecting the output to a file and passing this file to "voldemort-clusterstarter.sh" as the --cluster file argument but it fails to run and says no metadata found for the cluster file.
"voldemort-deployer.sh" worked properly so I think I was able to deplot voldemort to all the nodes properly but I wasn't able to start them.
I am not sure where I am going wrong or what obvious thing I am missing here and due to lack of a proper step by step tutorial for multi node setup its really hard to make it work.

I will be really glad if someone can point me to a good detailed guide to start running a multi node instance or if someone can give some detailed instructions for the setup.

Thanks.

Carlos Tasada

Dec 1, 2013, 6:16:21 AM12/1/13
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I may be out-of-date but, what are those scripts? I don't remember them being in the code-base.

In the source code you'll see an example to run a 2 nodes cluster. Expanding it to 4 nodes is trivial. Check config/test_config2. If you still have problems, please copy&paste your cluster.xml file here.

Regards,

Beginner

Dec 1, 2013, 7:22:41 AM12/1/13
to project-...@googlegroups.com
I was able to do the setup.

Thanks a lot for the reply though. I appreciate it  :)