questions about build-and-push

Roy Shan

Dec 2, 2014, 5:37:29 AM12/2/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com

Hello, everyone.

We are evaluating Voldemort. It is a very interesting product.

I run into a few problems when using Voldemort's Build-and-Push feature to build a read-only store:

My build-and-push job complains that there is no schema in the json sequence file. How to properly create a json sequence file?  Is there an API for that?

I want to run build-and-push jobs without using Azkaban and only dependent on MapReduce since our Hadoop version is 2.2.0. How to do it?

Please help. Thanks a lot in advance.

---

Roy

Roy Shan

Dec 9, 2014, 10:12:52 PM12/9/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
The exception info of the schema error is as follows:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No schema found on file hdfs://10.10.11.181:6230/tmp/helloworld/part-r-00000

   at voldemort.store.readonly.mr.utils.HadoopUtils.getSchemaFromPath(HadoopUtils.java:334)

   at voldemort.store.readonly.mr.utils.HadoopUtils.getSchemaFromPath(HadoopUtils.java:262)

   at com.liepin.voldemort.BPJob.verifyOrAddStore(BPJob.java:342)

   at com.liepin.voldemort.BPJob.run(BPJob.java:261)

   at com.liepin.voldemort.BPJob.main(BPJob.java:119)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No schema found on file hdfs://10.10.11.181:6230/tmp/helloworld/part-r-00000

   at voldemort.store.readonly.mr.utils.HadoopUtils.getSchemaFromPath(HadoopUtils.java:289)

   ... 4 more

Chinmay Soman

Dec 10, 2014, 1:36:38 AM12/10/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible for you to attach the sequence file ?

Btw, you could also use the avro file format. In fact that is the recommended format