upgrading version and adding partitions

achap

Jun 10, 2016, 1:10:23 AM6/10/16
to project-voldemort
Hello,

I am needing to upgrade from 0.90 to 1.10.x as well as increase the number of partitions and nodes.

It seems as if I'll need to do https://github.com/voldemort/voldemort/blob/master/bin/PREUPGRADE_FOR_1_1_X_README first, then manually move my data from the old cluster to a new one with the increased number of partitions... does this sound about right?

Also when I run the 1.10.x AdminClient to fetch-entries on my 0.90 cluster, it finds the stores... lists them... looks like its doing something but doesn't return any entries.  Can I not mix the 1.10 admin client with a 0.90 cluster or is something else going on?  When I run the admin tools on a local cluster that is 1.10 it all works fine.

Thanks