Voldemort C# Driver

Nika Abramova

Sep 22, 2014, 5:12:22 AM9/22/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,
we are currently trying to move part of our data to NoSQL storage and trying to find more suitable NoSQL solution. We already have a working system and have run some tests using some NoSQL databases and we would really like to try out Voldemort.
Is there any C# driver available, so we can add necessary files to our project to be able to connect to the database and execute operations?

Best regards,
Veronika Abramova

Arunachalam

Sep 22, 2014, 1:21:19 PM9/22/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Vernoika, thanks for your interest in Voldemort. We currently only have Java based client. There are other clients return in Python, Go but  not sure whether they are getting regular fixes as our Java client. We don't have a C# client as far as I know.

Thanks,
Arun.

Vinoth C

Sep 23, 2014, 12:24:03 PM9/23/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Voldemort however has a Coordinator service which provides a rest endpoint for Voldemort operations..

You should be able to roll your own C# rest client easily..

Nika Abramova

Sep 24, 2014, 12:11:24 PM9/24/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Previously I havn't heard/read about it. I have found some references here  and here but could you possibly provide some addictional info?

Best regards,
Veronika Abramova

Vinoth C

Sep 25, 2014, 3:04:20 AM9/25/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
I don't know the latest state of things, since I am not at Linkedin anymore.

But, here is some config and curl examples to get you started.

@Sudha, can you fill in?

Felix GV

Oct 8, 2014, 1:59:30 PM10/8/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
If you decide to roll out your own C# driver, you should look into using the Voldemort Coordinator's REST protocol, since that will be a lot easier to implement and maintain.

--

Felix GV
Data Infrastructure Engineer

f...@linkedin.com