Is Voldemort 1.6.0 released?

ctasada

Jan 21, 2014, 11:54:19 AM1/21/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just realized that the link https://github.com/voldemort/voldemort/releases/latest is pointing to what seems a new Open Source release of Voldemort, but I haven't seen any official post or anything else.

Can this release be considered stable and upgrade from 1.3.0?

Is there anything special that needs to be considered before upgrading?
I saw that the BDB version changed and that seems that the bdb files need to be upgraded. This requiered a bit of work since the upgrade code, as explained in "http://download.oracle.com/otndocs/products/berkeleydb/html/je/je-5.0.48_changelog.html" is in the old 4.x libraries.

Looking forward for your comments.

Regards,
Carlos.

Vinoth C

Jan 22, 2014, 2:00:09 AM1/22/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Carlos,

You can consider it released for all practical purposes.. We are stuck with some pesky issues with our engineering blog and hence the blog post announcing the release has been delayed quite a bit..

This is running in production at Linkedin and we are seeing much improved cleaner performance  with BDB5 and 1.6. So yeah.. Go ahead. You need to do a BDB5 standard data conversion.. It finishes in a snap, not like last time around..  Just read through the BDB5 change logs from Oracle site.. Nothing more.

Thanks
Vinoth

Carlos Tasada

Jan 22, 2014, 3:44:24 AM1/22/14