Server side routing

Dennis Heinze

Feb 19, 2016, 4:37:08 AM2/19/16
to project-voldemort
Hi people,

I would like to use voldemort with server side routing but I am very confused because it is unclear to me whether voldemort actually supports this.
The documentation states that you can use server side routing but I've seen github issues where people say that it's not working (example: https://github.com/voldemort/voldemort/issues/112)

I would really like to have the servers handle the routing, is this actually possible?

Thank you

Arunachalam

Feb 19, 2016, 2:18:30 PM2/19/16
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Voldemort does not support server side routing, there might be a prototype code or something there, but no one has verified this in Production.

Thanks,
Arun.

Félix GV

Feb 19, 2016, 5:04:39 PM2/19/16
to project-voldemort
The coordinator project (in contrib/) offers a REST router tier which allows the client to be a lot thinner. This has been verified to "work", but it has not been tested at scale so the performance implications of using it are unknown as of now. Feel free to try it out (: [and submit PRs if you encounter issues ;) ...]

--
Felix GV
Senior Software Engineer

f...@linkedin.com
linkedin.com/in/felixgv

Félix

Dennis Heinze

Mar 1, 2016, 7:21:50 AM3/1/16
to project-voldemort
Got the coordinator to work. Works great for get operations (which is what I need it for).
Compared to the insert speed of the java client it's very slow but inserting can be done with the client in my case.
I have a 23 Server Cluster and Voldemort works great, thanks for your work!

Félix GV

Mar 1, 2016, 1:20:27 PM3/1/16
to project-voldemort
Good to know!

Thanks for reporting back. Like I said, feel free to send PRs if you fix or improve anything.

-F

Félix