Does readonly disk space increase with replication factor?

Xiao Zhou

Jun 24, 2014, 2:19:55 PM6/24/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, We have a readonly store which produces 5.6T data for one replication and the space doubled after we make the replication factor to 2.
It is expected and if there is anyway to same hdfs space?
Thanks,

Brendan Harris (a.k.a. stotch on irc.oftc.net)

Jun 24, 2014, 3:09:42 PM6/24/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xiao,

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:19:55 AM UTC-7, Xiao Zhou wrote:
Hi, We have a readonly store which produces 5.6T data for one replication and the space doubled after we make the replication factor to 2.
It is expected and if there is anyway to same hdfs space?

Yes, this is expected. Your replication-factor is the number of instances of each key. So, with replication-factor 2, you have constructed a store with 2 of each key.

Brendan