any way to stop fetch without killing the voldemort process?

Xiao Zhou

Jul 2, 2014, 9:47:01 PM7/2/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
If we started 2 fetch by accident, it there anyway to kill on fetcher?

Brendan Harris (a.k.a. stotch on irc.oftc.net)

Jul 3, 2014, 2:48:58 AM7/3/14
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xiao,

On Wednesday, July 2, 2014 6:47:01 PM UTC-7, Xiao Zhou wrote:
If we started 2 fetch by accident, it there anyway to kill on fetcher?

Yes, there should be an async task registered on the nodes that are fetching. You can use the "voldemort-admin-tool.sh --async get" command to get the list of async tasks and their corresponding task ID numbers. You can then use "--async stop --async-id <id>" to stop the target async jobs on the target nodes. Take a look at the --help output for more details.

Brendan