coordinator http 404 when using read only stores

Dallas Marlow

Jun 12, 2015, 1:51:52 PM6/12/15
to project-...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying to use the coordinator service to serve requests to a read only store, but I've been unable to get any response other than a 404.
I have verified that when using a BDB store with string keys that i'm able to get valid responses back, but when using the a read only store configured with json serializer string or int64 key I'm unable to get a healthy response.

is this expected to work?

Arunachalam

Jun 12, 2015, 2:36:07 PM6/12/15
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Dallas,
    We have tried only Co-ordinator with read-write servers prior, but I could not think of a reason why it would not work on a read-only server. Probably a bug somewhere, but co-ordinator is on backlog for now as we are working on some high priority work. Let us know if you have any targetted questions to help you in your investigations.

Thanks,
Arun.

Dallas Marlow

Jun 12, 2015, 2:42:10 PM6/12/15
to project-...@googlegroups.com
is there a client or http interface other than the java socket client that's supported (or expected to work) for read only stores at this time?

Arunachalam

Jun 12, 2015, 2:50:14 PM6/12/15
to project-...@googlegroups.com
For read-only how are you serializing the json data. Voldemort though accepts JSON, it uses custom serialization on JSON. For co-ordinator probably it is expecting the same serialized format.

Voldemort has Socket Service which enabled on the cluster.xml will open a HTTP endpoint on the server. But this feature is also rarely used so don't know how reliable the feature is.

Thanks,
Arun.

Dallas Marlow

Jun 12, 2015, 3:13:42 PM6/12/15
to project-...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently using the json serializer with strings as keys (I originally was using int64 keys when I noticed that all responses were 404s and switched to see if strings would work as they do for BDB stores). I've tried serval different configurations and tried the embedded rest service, but it also returns only 404 responses. I do see that the coordinator service appears to be reading the configuration files correctly, as requests to un-configured stores will return a response indicating such.

stores.xml:

<stores>
  <store>
    <name>siml</name>
    <persistence>read-only</persistence>
    <routing>client</routing>
    <replication-factor>1</replication-factor>
    <required-reads>1</required-reads>
    <required-writes>1</required-writes>
    <key-serializer>
      <type>json</type>
      <schema-info>"string"</schema-info>
    </key-serializer>
    <value-serializer>
      <type>json</type>
      <schema-info>["string"]</schema-info>
    </value-serializer>
  </store>
</stores>

coordinator.properties:

bootstrap_urls=tcp://localhost:6666
fat_clients_config_file_path=readonly/coordinator/fatclients_config.avro

fatclients_config.avro:

{
  "siml": {
    "socket_timeout_ms": "1500",
    "connection_timeout_ms": "500",
    "identifier_string": "siml"
  }
}

Dallas Marlow

Jun 12, 2015, 3:15:44 PM6/12/15
to project-...@googlegroups.com
unrelated to this issue, but the coordinator server start script also references a non-existing class: https://github.com/voldemort/voldemort/pull/271

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "project-voldemort" group.