localhost:9090

Gregory Higgins

Nov 12, 2013, 6:14:06 PM11/12/13
to p...@peg.com
Anyone remember off the top of their head what the OE Exploder lock file is?

--
Greg Higgins
PEG Manager

Libor Laubacher

Nov 12, 2013, 6:28:10 PM11/12/13
to p...@peg.com
It is the admserv.lock file under config directory created when fathom plugin is active to make sure only one instance of the same install can be spawned in order to prevent resource database corruption

Sent from my iPad

Gregory Higgins

Nov 12, 2013, 7:06:28 PM11/12/13
to p...@peg.com
No, the Admin Server starts up, I just can't connect to localhost:9090

Gregory Higgins

Nov 12, 2013, 7:09:17 PM11/12/13
to p...@peg.com
I start with a working system, OS and OE on C: all of Development on D: .
I shutdown databases, shutdown the adminserver, take an image of drive D (Dev).
I attach D: to a system created from the same image as working C was
created from.

I launch new system. Start adminserver, but cannot access localhost:9090.

Libor Laubacher

Nov 12, 2013, 7:40:51 PM11/12/13
to p...@peg.com
That does not tell me much except that it shouldn't affect anything, but also makes me wonder where the admserve.lock file question came from.

Anyway - when you open proenv and run "fathom -query" what does it say?
And also are there any errors in admserv.log and/or ads0.exp ?

Sent from my iPad

Libor Laubacher

Nov 12, 2013, 7:42:26 PM11/12/13
to p...@peg.com
Erm, yes. That is what does the .lock file do.

Sent from my iPad

Neal Rhodes

Nov 12, 2013, 7:59:18 PM11/12/13
to p...@peg.com
This may be totally unrelated; sounds like we are talking about a Win
OS. There is a known bug in 10.2B, perhaps later where Win7 admin
server will not properly talk to anything/anybody when started at boot
time.

Go kill off all the java processes, and start the service by hand, and
it works.

It's not clear from your description if anybody locally or from a
different host can get a response from admin server.

Neal Rhodes
MNOP Ltd

Gregory Higgins

Nov 12, 2013, 8:29:30 PM11/12/13
to p...@peg.com
I am starting the AdminService by hand.

Gregory Higgins

Nov 12, 2013, 8:52:17 PM11/12/13
to p...@peg.com
I never asked about AdminServer lock, I asked about an OE Exploder
lock. The adminserver starts just fine according to the log files.
It's OE Explorer that doesn't work.

Windows 2008 R2
OE 11.3.1

There are no differences between the Windows Firewall rules on the two
systems. One works, the other does not.
The OS images OS + OE 11.3.1 + Chrome + Acrobat for both systems came
from the same disk image.
The DEV Drive for the two systems are identical.

Gregory Higgins

Nov 12, 2013, 9:00:40 PM11/12/13
to p...@peg.com
fathom -query ==> Not Running