Setting up keybindings?

Stephen Paul Weber

Mar 15, 2016, 9:17:55 PM3/15/16
to profanity development
I would like to set up some keybindings that I'm used to from my irssi config, but not sure how to edit keybindings in profanity.  Here are examples of what I have set up in irssi:

Alt+',.pyfgoeuid  instead of alt+numbers for window switching (because alt+numbers is used for dwm)

Alt+arrow keys for window to the left / window to the right

Alt+n for "next window with unseen events"

Thanks for any help!

Boothj5

Mar 16, 2016, 5:06:56 PM3/16/16
to profanity development
In the 0.4.7 release, there's no way to add custom key binding as the GNU Readline defaults and a set of hard coded bindings are used.

I've done some work for the next release which is available in the master branch, which allows specifying custom bindings for profanity functions (window navigation etc)

https://github.com/boothj5/profanity/issues/687

If there's any more bindings you'd like available, let me know.