notifications on typing

kisho...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2016, 3:50:20 AM6/8/16
to profanity development
Hi

I am using profanity in my Linux laptop and my friend is using chatsecure to chat with me I enabled the /intype but it doesn't show that the typing is happening.

same thing with the following commands too...

/notify typing on|off
/notify typing current on|off
/outtype on|off

I mean these commands will show that the typing is happening in my linux console right? I mean what am i missing here?.

Boothj5

Jun 8, 2016, 4:45:38 AM6/8/16
to profanity development, kisho...@gmail.com
Is the other end actually sending typing notifications?

kisho...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2016, 6:22:10 AM6/8/16
to profanity development, kisho...@gmail.com

nope, actually my friend is using is Chat Secure for gtalk while i am using profanity for gtalk

Boothj5

Jun 8, 2016, 7:06:22 AM6/8/16
to profanity development, kisho...@gmail.com
Ok, unfortunately I don't believe GTalk supports chat states which is required for typing notifications.

kisho...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2016, 9:15:48 AM6/8/16
to profanity development, kisho...@gmail.com
Thank you for answering my query.

I have one more query to ask you since profanity is already using OTR for privacy and encryption why Open PGP is also employed in Profanity?

forgive my ignorance, please explain this to me?

Boothj5

Jun 8, 2016, 10:22:45 AM6/8/16
to profanity development, kisho...@gmail.com
To give users the choice,  OpenPGP is still very widely used.

kisho...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2016, 8:55:26 PM6/8/16
to profanity development
Thank you so much for your replies it really helped me a lot....