Get rid of leave/join notifications

raimo...@gmail.com

May 30, 2016, 9:07:27 AM5/30/16
to profanity development
Hello
I'm new to profanity and jabber. I just want to get rid of all the messages like: "xx has join the room" / "yy has left the room". I just cant find a way to do it in profanity. Does anyone know how I could get rid of those annoying messages?
Tkx
Guillaume

K Thandi

May 30, 2016, 9:40:33 AM5/30/16
to profanity development
I think /help statuses might be what you're looking for.

To switch them off completely you could use /statuses muc none.

Boothj5

May 30, 2016, 5:03:23 PM5/30/16
to profanity development
I've added an issue to move the /statuses settings to the /presence command as this question has been asked a few times, and /presence is hopefully a bit more obvious.

https://github.com/boothj5/profanity/issues/815

Guillaume R.

May 31, 2016, 7:43:47 AM5/31/16
to profan...@googlegroups.com
Ah K Thandi many thx i was searching in /help notify ;)

See Boothj5 for me the obvious was notify: it's notifications.

Many thxs

--

---

Boothj5

May 31, 2016, 8:32:28 AM5/31/16
to profanity development, raimo...@gmail.com
The /notify command is for desktop notifications, but I'll add a reference to the /presence command in /help notify.