dafaq happened to backspace?

daryl...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2015, 12:54:22 PM8/22/15
to profanity development
I can't use my backspace key. It's only this application, tried a couple different themes but no luck. How did I unbind this key?

daryl...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2015, 1:07:17 PM8/22/15
to profanity development, daryl...@gmail.com
On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 11:54:22 AM UTC-5, daryl...@gmail.com wrote:
> I can't use my backspace key. It's only this application, tried a couple different themes but no luck. How did I unbind this key?

Just learned that shift+backspace works as I expected backspace by itself to. Still don't know what happened. I changed nothing but there is a chance my daughter walking across my keyboard set something.

Boothj5

Aug 22, 2015, 1:27:48 PM8/22/15
to profanity development, daryl...@gmail.com
Which version are you running? And did backspace ever work in profanity, or just stop working recently?

Currently my only thought is to add a setting to disable the interval between keyboard walking events:

/daughter keyboardwalk 0

Fabian Freyer

Aug 23, 2015, 8:41:10 PM8/23/15
to profan...@googlegroups.com, daryl...@gmail.com
I experienced a similar issue with incorrectly configured locales on freebsd after a write to the terminal block device messed up my terminal settings.

Could you post the output of stty -a? (question mark not part of the command) What value is your backspace set to?

daryl...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2015, 9:47:35 PM9/3/15
to profanity development, daryl...@gmail.com
Figured it out. It was mappings.. Have been stuck on a windows machine using mobixterm, putty doesn't have the problem.