messages from other clients?

baja...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2014, 4:29:26 PM6/5/14
to profan...@googlegroups.com
I just started using Profanity for, primarily, Google Talk. My problem is that I use Talk from multiple devices simultaneously. If I'm at my PC, I'll use the PC client. But I'm frequently up and about, and will continue the conversation from my phone.

When using GTalk/Hangouts on Android and in the browser, if I say something on one client, my message appears on the others that are logged in. Additionally, the messages sent by others to me will also go to all clients. Using Profanity, the Android GTalk client will always receive messages sent both from and to me, but Profanity will not. As soon as I send a message from my phone, all messages in that chat will no longer be shown in Profanity until I say something from Profanity again, which results in a pretty irritating disconnect.

I set the client priority to max, but that didn't seem to do anything. Is there a way I can fix this?

Boothj5

Jun 5, 2014, 5:29:37 PM6/5/14
to profan...@googlegroups.com, baja...@gmail.com
There is currently a feature request to implement Message Carbons https://github.com/boothj5/profanity/issues/329 which I will hopefully get to look at soon.

Provided google still uses this protocol, it should fix the issue, until then profanity won't receive copies of messages sent to/from other devices/clients.