Connect to google apps account with domain

jaime.s...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2014, 10:14:55 AM11/14/14
to profan...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I need connect to Google apps account with personalize domain .

myac...@mydomain.com

the terminal display Login Failed. =(

with google account: myac...@gmail.com it's works. :)

thank you!!

Boothj5

Nov 15, 2014, 11:37:10 AM11/15/14
to profan...@googlegroups.com
You need to add a server property "talk.google.com" when connecting to an Apps account, details are here:

http://www.profanity.im/faq.html#gtalk

You'll only need to do this the first time you connect, as the server property will be saved.

pasis

Nov 15, 2014, 2:23:29 PM11/15/14
to profan...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

What happens when you connect to myac...@mydomain.com:

Profanity connects to xmpp server that is responsible for domain mydomain.com. But address of the xmpp server can be different than mydomain.com. To handle this situation profanity asks dns for record "_xmpp-client._tmp.mydomain.com". I guess in your case you can't find this specific record and profanity just connects to address mydomain.com that is resolved to wrong server.

You can type this command to see if you have "xmpp" record for mydomain.com (replace domain with valid one):
nslookup -querytype=SRV _xmpp-client._tcp.mydomain.com

P.S. I'm not sure if described issue is your problem, but it can be.

Jaime Bravo

Nov 15, 2014, 2:40:53 PM11/15/14
to profan...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

> Hello,
>
> What happens when you connect to myac...@mydomain.com:
>
> Profanity connects to xmpp server that is responsible for domain
> mydomain.com. But address of the xmpp server can be different than
> mydomain.com. To handle this situation profanity asks dns for record "
> _xmpp-client._tmp.mydomain.com". I guess in your case you can't find this
> specific record and profanity just connects to address mydomain.com that is
>
> resolved to wrong server.
>
> You can type this command to see if you have "xmpp" record for mydomain.com
>
> (replace domain with valid one):
> nslookup -querytype=SRV _xmpp-client._tcp.mydomain.com
>
> P.S. I'm not sure if described issue is your problem, but it can be.
>
> On Friday, November 14, 2014 5:14:55 PM UTC+2, Jaime Bravo wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need connect to Google apps account with personalize domain .
>>

>> myac...@mydomain.com <javascript:>
>>

>> the terminal display Login Failed. =(
>>

>> with google account: myac...@gmail.com <javascript:> it's works. :)
>>
>> thank you!!