Collaboration Possibility: AAA Procedural Game

Luiz Kruel

Oct 24, 2016, 6:00:15 PM10/24/16
to Procedural Content Generation
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on this group for a while, but after the amazing book being posted this week, it inspired me to pipe up.

I'm a game developer with over 10yrs of experience making AAA games like Madden, Just Cause, Halo, Call of Duty. I'm currently working on a FPS/Tower Defense hybrid with a few industry friends and I would love to get the input of the academics in this group.

If anyone is interested and has the bandwidth I'd like to push PCG pretty far in this project. I'm pretty comfortable with the pipeline of taking basic representations and turning them into AAA quality levels using procedural tools, the part that I'm not as familiar with is all of the genetic algorithms and other systems to generate and evaluate the content. Ideally we go all the way with the maps, enemies and weapons all being procedurally generated.

This can be the vehicle to prove out some new theory you might have, or see some of the current techniques realized to a commercial quality project.

Let me know if anyone's interested and we can chat more about it.

Thanks!

Luiz