PCG at nucl.ai Conference

Alex J. Champandard

Apr 17, 2015, 9:02:31 AM4/17/15
to procedur...@googlegroups.com
"Good afternoon", he said as he stopped lurking and finally engaged with
the group.

On July 20-22 we're organizing the nucl.ai Conference, here in the
beautiful city of Vienna. You may have previously known it as the
Game/AI Conf., but with the new name and scope we're free to organize
part of the event on the topic of PCG — great news for everyone here :-)

The focus is on applications of procedural techniques in creative
industries, though the bulk of the talks (TBA May 1st) so far are games
industry related — with the exception of a keynote from Pixar's
Technical Director, Paul Kanyuk.

Anyway two of our tracks, including the procedural one, have longer CFP
deadlines than the main call for proposals, so I thought I'd mention it
again here:
http://nucl.ai/track/procedural/

If you have any practical/applicable or inspiring and forward looking
ideas, then we want to hear from you! Anything that will either help
developers in the trenches day-to-day, or inspire them to move forward
is very welcome. (Deadline is April 30th.)

Finally, if you have any students who want to volunteer to help at the
conference (in exchange for an All-Access ticket), it's a great way to
make contacts and get into a mid- to large-sized studio in a PCG or AI role.

Alex