Teaching Professor position at UC Santa Cruz

Jim Whitehead

Jan 29, 2016, 5:49:38 PM1/29/16
to procedur...@googlegroups.com
(apologies for cross-postings)

UC Santa Cruz is conducting a faculty search this year for a Teaching Professor position, at all ranks (junior to very senior). This is a different search from the ongoing Generative Methods Assistant Professor search. A Teaching Professor is a full member of the Academic Senate, has voting rights in the Computational Media Dept., and has the capacity for security of employment (similar to tenure). It a position where the balance between teaching and research is more heavily weighted towards teaching.

If you have questions about the position, feel free to ask. It's definitely atypical for US institutions.

More details about the position, and how to apply, can be found on the official job flyer:

Deadline for submissions is February 23, 2016.

- Jim

Jim Whitehead
Professor, Computational Media
Univ. of California, Santa Cruz

R. Michael Young

Oct 8, 2017, 3:50:40 PM10/8/17
to procedur...@googlegroups.com, R. Michael Young
(apologies for cross-postings)

The University of Utah’s Entertainment Arts and Engineering program is conducting a faculty search this year for a teaching professor, open at all ranks. This position is non-tenured, but is intended to be a permanent position, with multi-year contracts.  The position is focused on teaching, but research is a clear component of the job.   EAE graduate and undergraduate programs are ranked in the top four worldwide by Princeton Review consistently since 2013. The EAE faculty includes artists, computer scientists, designers, games studies scholars, and social scientists who work together to design and teach our courses. This diversity of background in our faculty is one of the core elements of our students’ experiences.   EAE teaching faculty have full voting rights in the program and the program’s culture and policies support parity between teaching-focused and research-focused colleagues.

If you have questions about the position, please email me.

More details about the position, including the link you should use to apply, can be found here:

Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications received by December 15, 2017 will receive full consideration.

-M

R. Michael Young
Deputy Director, Entertainment Arts and Engineering
Professor and Director, Liquid Narrative Group, School of Computing
University of Utah