Reminder: 4 year fully-funded PhD studentships in Intelligent Games and Game Intelligence

Lucas, Simon M

Jan 19, 2015, 1:12:17 PM1/19/15
to procedur...@googlegroups.com

<< deadline: Jan 30 >>

10 fully-funded studentships are available for 2015/16 entry (covering fees at Home/EU rate and a stipend for four years) in the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Intelligent Games and Game Intelligence (IGGI), to conduct cutting-edge research and train the next generation of researchers, designers, developers and entrepreneurs in digital games.

IGGI is a collaboration between three UK Universities: the University of York, the University of Essex and Goldsmiths College, University of London. IGGI PhDs will be based at their principal supervisor’s University site with travel to the other sites for team and training activities.

IGGI brings together 60 industrial partners from the UK games industry and related organisations (including Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, The Creative Assembly, Codemasters, Rebellion, TIGA, and many more – see www.iggi.org.uk/our-industrial-partners/). IGGI PhDs will have the opportunity to engage in placements at these partner organisations, as well as international research labs, during their PhD research.

In addition to conducting research with world-leading academics and industry partners, you will participate in global game jams, co-organise and participate in an annual games symposium, and engage with industry-led seminars. You will receive training from experts in Games Development, Games Design, Research Skills and a range of optional modules including AI, computer vision, human-computer interaction, storytelling, graphics, sound and robotics.

You can contact potential supervisors directly (see http://www.iggi.org.uk/supervisors/ for a list), or we can help you to choose a principal supervisor from York, Essex or Goldsmiths based on your interests and background.

We expect substantial competition for IGGI studentships, and we encourage good students to submit applications as early as possible. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 30th January 2015. Shortlisting will take place on Tuesday 10th February and successful candidates will be contacted within 24 hours. Interviews will be held at the University of York on Friday 20th February, 2015.

For further information and details of how to apply go to www.iggi.org.uk.

Best wishes,

  Simon

Professor Simon Lucas

Head of School

Computer Science and Electronic Engineering

University of Essex

http://dces.essex.ac.uk/staff/lucas/