Password protecting ONE page

crem...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2012, 5:51:30 PM6/4/12
to privacy...@googlegroups.com
How can you password-protect just one page, instead of the whole blog?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

jtsci...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2013, 1:29:12 PM1/28/13
to privacy...@googlegroups.com
any chance of making this work with the latest version? i can't seem to find 4.04

Daniel Chatfield

Jan 31, 2013, 1:47:55 PM1/31/13
to privacy...@googlegroups.com, jtsci...@gmail.com
This feature is now built in.

lest...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2013, 9:55:57 PM2/3/13
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:47:55 PM UTC-5, Daniel Chatfield wrote:
> This feature is now built in.
>
> On Monday, 28 January 2013 18:29:12 UTC, jtsci...@gmail.com wrote:any chance of making this work with the latest version? i can't seem to find 4.04

I really loved this plugin until i did the update. You had provided instructions before on how to only apply privacy to one page, now this requires a premium account and for one active installation its $15 in USD. This is very disappointing and outrageous. I need this feature for my website, however having had it already for free is upsetting. Enabling privacy for certain pages should be a standard fee not charging users for a simple function. Please allow users to at least have one active installation for free.

jtsci...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2013, 10:21:36 AM2/4/13
to privacy...@googlegroups.com, jtsci...@gmail.com, lest...@gmail.com
The developer provided a relatively easy way to do what you needed via an unsupported hack to an older version of the software, which if you ask me was going above and beyond. Now he's charging $15 for a fully supported plugin that has that functionality baked in and you're outraged? Don't be cheap, $15 is a reasonable sum to pay for his work. If you still don't want to use it, there are plenty of other options out there that you can spend the time and effort trying to make work, or you can simply roll your own. Either way, good luck with that.

Lesley Steele

Feb 4, 2013, 10:28:36 AM2/4/13
to jtsci...@gmail.com, privacy...@googlegroups.com
Well nobody asked you for your information. Yes i was outraged because its a simple function that was previously FREE and then became a premium feature. I'm a designer myself and understand the level of coding and work these things require, but I am also a student so your in no position to tell me not to be cheap and how to spend or not spend $15. Unless you're the one managing and developing the plugin F off.

--
BFA Candidate / Design + Technology
Parsons The New School for Design

Support my Senior Thesis Documentary Film "Daddy's Girl" Donate Here

jtsci...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2013, 10:42:57 AM2/4/13
to Lesley Steele, privacy...@googlegroups.com
If you don't want other people to chime in, don't post in a public place (especially one I already posted in ;). Besides, the developer never once promised you anything. Instead of being outraged, take a step back and try being thankful for second. He didn't have to provide you a solution at all, but he did. If it is indeed that important to you, then $15 is worth the cost. Being a poor design student is no excuse for being a dick.

Lesley Steele

Feb 4, 2013, 10:49:43 AM2/4/13
to jtsci...@gmail.com, privacy...@googlegroups.com
And you never promised me anything either so what difference does it make to you =) You must have all your priorities straight to tell someone else what to be and how to be thankful and what's in my pocket. Unless your paying my tuition and bills your in no position to tell me whats worth the cost for anything. Worry about your dick and how thankful you should be, in and out of a public space.

jtsci...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2013, 10:56:13 AM2/4/13
to Lesley Steele, privacy...@googlegroups.com
I can see that you just plain don't get it. So please, continue to be the whiney little prick that you are and see where that gets you in life.

Lesley Steele

Feb 4, 2013, 11:03:44 AM2/4/13
to jtsci...@gmail.com, privacy...@googlegroups.com
LOL what difference does it make to you!! I do get it, i really do but i don't need some random asshole directing me on WTF to do and how to go about a plugin feature, are you serious... Yeah its only $15 and the developer probably would appreciate the funds, but there is also something along the lines of sharing solutions and working with clients whereas being able to offer a one time feature opens many opportunities for me to recommend the developer and his plugin for great service to others, probably doubling and increasing his usage of the plugin. So stop trying to tell others how and what to spend, how to go about inquiries, how to be thankful or not, and how far that gets me in life. F OFF basically. If you wanted to be a counselor, make it a profession versus offering suggestions you are in no position to offer in an effin google group, get a life.