Is Time Cumulative?

Valdivino Santiago

Mar 28, 2015, 4:58:05 PM3/28/15
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com

Hello all,

I have the following .props file (a piece of it):

const double T;

// Label: 1 - 0
label "a_1" = (o = 1) & (g = 0);
label "b_1" = (o = 1) & (g = 1);
// Label: 12 - 11
label "a_12" = (o = 12) & (g = 11);
label "b_12" = (o = 12) & (g = 12);

And I have these properties:

filter(avg, P=? [ "a_1" U<=T "b_1"], o = 1)

filter(avg, P=? [ "a_12" U<=T "b_12"], o = 12)

We see that I want to get the avg probabilities of all states that satisfy o = 1 (o = 12). These are my states from where I want to make my analysis. I set T = 500. The point is that avg probabilities are much more higher in the first case (o = 1) than in the second case (o = 12).

The question is this: is T cumulative? I mean, when evaluating the properties, and in this way I defined the properties, PRISM considers T as cumulative (since the (single) initial state of the model)? I wish that T is computed from the states that satisfy  o = 1 (o = 12).

Any hints?

Thank you.

Valdivino,

Gethin Norman

Mar 29, 2015, 6:41:12 AM3/29/15
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com, Gethin Norman
Valdivino,

what prism is returning is the probabilities of reaching the goal within T time units when starting from the states specified in the filter and not from the initial state. So you are getting the probabilities you want.

Gethin

Valdivino Santiago

Mar 29, 2015, 8:41:40 PM3/29/15
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com, gethin...@gmail.com