Preprocessor on Windows

shafaq....@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2013, 4:13:00 PM8/14/13
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
Can we use the prism preprocessor on windows?

Thanks,
Shafaq

Dave Parker

Aug 30, 2013, 1:37:10 PM8/30/13
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com, shafaq....@gmail.com
> Can we use the prism preprocessor on windows?

I don't have a Windows machine to test it on, but it should be
straightforward to convert the usual prism.bat file to run the
preprocessor. Just change prism.PrismCL to prism.Preprocessor, as in the
script below.

Dave.

---

@echo off

rem Startup script for PRISM (Windows)

rem PRISM home directory
rem Default is .. so it can be run directly from the bin directory.
rem Change ".." to the actual PRISM directory to allow it to be run from
anywhere.
rem An example would be: set PRISM_DIR=c:\Program Files\prism-3.2
rem Note: Do not put quotes ("...") around the path.
set PRISM_DIR=..

rem Add PRISM to path
path=%PRISM_DIR%\lib;%path%

rem Set up CLASSPATH:
rem - PRISM jar file (for binary versions) (gets priority)
rem - classes directory (most PRISM classes)
rem - top-level directory (for images, dtds)
rem - lib/pepa.zip (PEPA stuff)
rem - lib/*.jar (all other jars)
set
CP=%PRISM_DIR%\lib\prism.jar;%PRISM_DIR%\classes;%PRISM_DIR%;%PRISM_DIR%\lib\pepa.zip;%PRISM_DIR%\lib\*

rem Run PRISM through Java
java -Djava.library.path="%PRISM_DIR%\lib" -classpath "%CP%"
prism.Preprocessor %*

10beses...@seecs.edu.pk

Sep 4, 2013, 9:01:01 AM9/4/13
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com, shafaq....@gmail.com
Well when I run it says that prismpp.exe cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64 bit versions of windows.

Dave Parker

Sep 4, 2013, 9:58:33 AM9/4/13
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com, 10beses...@seecs.edu.pk
What is prismpp.exe? Did you create a batch file, as suggested? Does the
normal prism.bat (or xprism.bat) script run ok, in the same way? If not,
make sure you are using a 32-bin version of Java.

Best wishes,

Dave.

Shafaq Iqtedar

Sep 4, 2013, 11:08:14 AM9/4/13
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com
Yes xprism.bat still runs okay. This is the script file from prism website which needs to be run to convert a preprocessor file to a normal .nm file. i.e.
prismpp pp_example1.nm.pp 4 > pp_example1.nm

On Linux I used to execute this command from terminal and it makes the copy the file.

On Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:13:00 AM UTC+5, shafaq....@gmail.com wrote:

    Hey,
    Can we use the prism preprocessor on windows?

    Thanks,
    Shafaq

Shafaq Iqtedar
BE-SE-1B
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science,
NUST, Sector H-12, Islamabad, Pakistan.

Negin

Aug 13, 2015, 11:01:49 AM8/13/15
to PRISM model checker, 10beses...@seecs.edu.pk
Hi Dave,

Thanks for introducing me the Preprocessor idea. I am currently using PRISM under Windows. I changed the prism.bat file as above but still PRISM cannot recognize #..# command. Am I missing something?
I appreciate your help.

/Negin