Problem running Prism (source version)

Meer

Aug 5, 2009, 2:27:57 PM8/5/09
to PRISM model checker
Hi,

I am using Windows Vista, I wanted to install the source version of
Prism i.e. building Prism from source. Following the instructions on
the site, I proceeded as follows: First, I installed cygwin and jdk,
then set the necessary environment variables. When I issued the make
command, there did not seem to be an error, indicating that prism is
successfully built from source. However, there was no "sucess message"
either.

Please note that:
I downloaded the following prism version: prism-3.3.beta2-src.tar.gz
I downloaded the following jdk version: jdk-6u14-javafx-1_2-windows-
i586.exe which is version "1.6.0_14"

Before, I could run Prism, I added the following to my system path
C:\Zahid\Software Downloads\Prism\prism-3.3.beta2-src\bin

Upon issuing the command "prism", I get the following error message,

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: prism/
PrismCL
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: prism.PrismCL
Could not find the main class: prism.PrismCL. Program will exit.

Regards,
Zahid Iqbal

Mark Kattenbelt

Aug 5, 2009, 4:04:49 PM8/5/09
to PRISM model checker
Hi Zahid,

> Upon issuing the command "prism", I get the following error message,

I have little experience with cygwin. It seems Java is installed ok,
but judging the error message your classpath is not set properly for
some reason. Can you confirm whether you are running the "prism"
command from cywin or a cmd prompt? You might be running the wrong
(i.e. linux) start-up script by accident.

Kind regards,

Mark

Dave Parker

Aug 5, 2009, 4:25:00 PM8/5/09
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com
> I have little experience with cygwin. It seems Java is installed ok,
> but judging the error message your classpath is not set properly for
> some reason. Can you confirm whether you are running the "prism"
> command from cywin or a cmd prompt? You might be running the wrong
> (i.e. linux) start-up script by accident.

This is probably the problem. I don't recall if the launch scripts work
properly from Cygwin (we usually just use Cygwin to build the PRISM
binaries).

The easiest way to check whether PRISM built OK under Windows is to
navigate to the bin dirctory in Explorer and double-click xprism.bat.

Regards,

Dave.

Meer

Aug 5, 2009, 4:27:41 PM8/5/09
to PRISM model checker
Hi Mark,

thanks for the reply,

I tried running commands, prism & xprism for both cmd prompt, and
cygwin. And, I received similar error messages.

Regards,
Zahid Iqbal

On 5 Aug, 22:04, Mark Kattenbelt <mark.kattenb...@comlab.ox.ac.uk>

Meer

Aug 5, 2009, 4:46:52 PM8/5/09
to PRISM model checker
Thanks Dave, this works,

Regards,
Zahid Iqbal

mada.m...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2017, 10:36:46 AM8/24/17
to PRISM model checker, zahid...@gmail.com

Dear Zahid,

I need to contact you for work cooperation about PRISM, would you mind replying me as soon as possible?

Thank you so much

Best Regards,