CTMC, 'StackOverflow'

Yingke Chen

Apr 5, 2015, 2:10:03 AM4/5/15
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com
Hi, PRISM

I am checking a tree-shape CTMC properties.
However, the following exception keep popping up (almost always).
Could you please provide me some suggestions?  Many  thanks.
The model file and the property file are attached below.
This model has around 2k states.
Thanks,

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError
at explicit.StateModelChecker.checkExpression(StateModelChecker.java:352)
at explicit.NonProbModelChecker.checkExpression(NonProbModelChecker.java:63)
at explicit.ProbModelChecker.checkExpression(ProbModelChecker.java:459)
at explicit.StateModelChecker.checkExpressionBinaryOp(StateModelChecker.java:445)
at explicit.StateModelChecker.checkExpression(StateModelChecker.java:352)
at explicit.NonProbModelChecker.checkExpression(NonProbModelChecker.java:63)
at explicit.ProbModelChecker.checkExpression(ProbModelChecker.java:459)
at explicit.StateModelChecker.checkExpressionBinaryOp(StateModelChecker.java:445)

Yingke
fpta4000.pm
prop_learn.pctl

Marcin Copik

Apr 5, 2015, 12:54:31 PM4/5/15
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yingke,

it seems that your model description is very large. Have you tried increasing the stack size? The solution is described on Prism's website:
http://www.prismmodelchecker.org/manual/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/MemoryProblems#memout_parse

Best regards,
Marcin