Experiment SPRT not re-using previous simulation result

Junho Kim

Sep 8, 2016, 9:29:39 PM9/8/16
to PRISM model checker
Hi, I'm now doing an experiment about statistical model checking.

My question is that I want to do SMC using simulation.

My property is that checking the probability when some variable is greater than x value.
I want to do experiment when the probability is

P>=prop [ F<10000 ("terminate"& utility>= x) ]

like this property .

I did this when prop is from 0.01 to 0.99, but the problem is that PRISM used the maximum number of samples that required to verifying the property.
But, I want to not re-use the previous simulation result.

How do I do experiment without re-using simulation result on SPRT?
CI asked me whether re-use or not, but SPRT does not.

Dave Parker

Sep 9, 2016, 4:46:10 AM9/9/16
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com, Junho Kim
If you want PRISM to *not* use the same set of simulation paths for
different values of the prop constant, either:

1. Untick "Check properties simultaneously" in the "Simulator" tab of
the options dialog; or

2. Put the constant prop in the model rather than with the properties

I don't see why you would get different settings for CI vs SPRT though.

Best wishes,

Dave