Cannot login to Prey on Android phone

Clipper87

Mar 30, 2012, 10:20:56 AM3/30/12
to prey-s...@googlegroups.com
I installed Prey, then after the install I decided to change the activation phrase. It took quite some time but apparently it seemed to have worked on the phone side (no errormessage). On the Prey website however I did not see any update of the activation. Ever since I cannot login to Prey on my Phone, it says "Checking your password... Just a sec!" but it takes quite long & then gets back with a message that Prey couldn't connect to the control panel allthough I do have WIFI connectivity. I tried to uninstall Prey but that obviouisly did not work. Help !!!
I have a HTC Desire S with Android 2.3.5

Clipper87

Mar 30, 2012, 10:40:33 AM3/30/12
to prey-s...@googlegroups.com
Turns out that WIFI cannot be used? I switched off WIFI & turned on GPRS (I have no 3G yet) and it worked! I could easily login & update the activation phrase and it was reflected on the website immediately.  I'd be curious to know how Prey deals with WiFi or is it a bug ?

Thx

Tom Wood

Mar 30, 2012, 12:16:46 PM3/30/12
to prey-s...@googlegroups.com

What happens if you manually change it on the control panel to match what you did on the phone?

This seems strange as the password and the activation phrase should have nothing to do with each other.

Can you even log into the control panel?

Tom

Clipper87

Mar 30, 2012, 1:53:36 PM3/30/12
to prey-s...@googlegroups.com
Tom,

On the web cpontrol panel I cannot change the phrase. FYI: I retested with WIFI & now it works fast & smooth as expected. I have no explanation for it.

Frank

Drew Reece

Mar 30, 2012, 2:15:55 PM3/30/12
to prey-s...@googlegroups.com
Does the wifi work with other apps? Prey will need a connection to the internet to update & communicate with the CP.
I'd reinstall Prey to see if that makes any difference.

Drew